Today is Father’s Day so I’m a bit caught up with RL stuff, however I did want to get this post up today so you guys know that SL10B is now open and will be till June 29th.
It is Second Life’s 10th birthday and the community has come together to celebrate it with a big bang. Last night I put on my roller skates and spent hours skating through all the different exhibits; just devouring and learning and seeing all of the creativity of the residents. It absolutely amazes me and makes me so proud to be part of such a creative and artistic community.
Here are just a few of the many pictures I took last night. I hope you get the chance to visit and explore. After the pictures I am going to share some important links that you may find useful!
All of the images in this post are full, complete raw shots (I didn’t even crop them).
Photography Exhibit by Neva Cyrstal (slurl)
Second Life Shatoetry by Crap Mariner (slurl)
SL Bloggers Carnival (slurl)
Where’s Dim Sum by Opal Lei (slurl)
I’m pretty sure I spent the longest amount of time at the Where’s Dim Sum exhibit trying to find the kitty in the pictures. I believe my final score was 553. I’m going to see if I can try and sneak back in before it ends and play some more, I was having too much fun with it, lol.
Here are a few exhibits you will find me at:
- Somnia by Sanura Snowpaw One of my images is up in this exhibit because I was wearing a Somnia shirt in it. Sanura also has a very cute gift at the exhibit so don’t forget to pick it up if you visit!
- The Second Sense by Dizzy Banjo This exhibit features voice messages from residents talking about what Second Life means to them. I submitted a voice recording and if you visit you’ll be able to hear me in there. Make sure to have your sound settings turned on and up!
- Your SL Evolution by Harper Beresford My SL Evolution contribution is featured there along with many others.
There are so many other exhibits that I loved so I really hope you guys take the time to explore it all. Here some helpful links that may help you in deciding where to start as it can be a bit overwhelming.
- SL10B blog and check out this very helpful page of SLurls
- R. Crap Mariner’s Brutally Honest SL10B Sim Tour Did I ever tell you guys how much I love Mr. Crap? Cuz I kinda love him a lot.
- SL10BCC blog posts by Inara Pey Inara has done some epic and informative blogging about SL10B so make sure to check out all her posts at the tag link.
Happy 10th birthday Second Life! <3