The Materials project has reached the Beta Viewer. What is the Materials Project you ask? The Materials Project brings in specific shaders into Second Life which will make objects appear more realistic.
I wanted to show this realism in a video because I felt that was the best way to capture it. Here is the link to the video and I’m also embedding it below. http://youtu.be/LO5vVyoMHJE
To view materials-ready items in Second Life right now, you can follow these simple steps:
- Install the Beta Viewer: http://secondlife.com/support/downloads
- Check “Advanced Lighting Model” under Me > Preferences > Graphics
- Now if you wear any materials-ready items, you should be able to see it.
Damien Fate of FATEwear has already released swim trunks for men that are materials-ready. I am not sure which other designers have released materials-ready items as well. I have asked my friends on plurk about it, if you know of any, please let me know in the comments, I would love to check them out.
This is definitely a feature I’m enthusiastic and excited about. I’m looking forward to getting my hands on more materials ready items to play with!
I also wanted to share some other informative posts about the Materials Project which I think you guys will find useful:
- Materials Beta Viewer Launches – announcement from Linden Lab
- Interview with Damien Fate regarding the Materials Project – via New World Notes
- Materials processing reaches beta – overview and more – via Inara Pey
- Second Life Materials Goes Beta – via Nalates Urriah
- A materials-ready dress for ladies + Creating Normal Maps in Photoshop – via Tillie Arantho (Tillie has not put the dress up for sale as of yet)
Also, this is my first post for Avatar Blogger Month. I’m not sure if I’ll make all 30 posts but I will definitely give it a try. I hope you guys are participating too! Have a great weekend! <3 » For more of my tutorials, check out my tutorials page.
Skin: Fruk – Jeremy skin shade 6 Black by Chucky Hollak
Eyes: Poetic Colors classic gen4 – snow light – small bright by Lano Ling
Hair: *Dura-Boy*33(Dark Brown)resize by Chiaki Xue
*Towel: FATEwear Towel – Nicholas – (M) (Neck) by Damien Fate (Free for subscribers)
*Swim Trunks: FATEwear Trunks – Spitz – (M) (Wet) by Damien Fate (Materials-ready item)
*Pose: Diesel Works by Rogan Diesel