Chalkboard from Awesome Blossom by Clementine Ishtari (no longer available)
This week’s meme is a bit of a long one and I’ll admit I didn’t really change any of the questions around from the RL blog I stole this from. I usually totally revamp all the questions so they are more sl related but I figured since this one was more about blogging, I could just leave them as is. I did add one extra question to the list because I felt weird having 13 questions (yes I’m totally superstitious) and also because 14 is my favorite number! 😀 So yeah, don’t kill me for having 14 questions today.
Meme instructions: Copy and paste the following questions and answers to your post, delete my answers and input your own. Try not to swear at Berry in your head for having so many questions this week and don’t forget to leave a comment in this meme’s post so others can come by and read your answers as well!
- How long have you been blogging? Since December 2007
- Why did you start blogging? My friend Azar forced me to. I wasn’t really interested in blogging or fashion back then. I was too busy bellydancing with friends and just having fun but she was adamant that I join her fashion blog and talk about the things I like to wear. So after a couple of months of persuasion and threats from her, I gave in and blogged.
- How many times a week do you post an entry? That varies, it really depends on how much time I have but on average I am guessing I blog about 3 to 4 times a week.
- How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis? Hundreds! And not just fashion blogs, I’m kind of a geek and read a lot of the tech blogs and other RL bloggers. I’m almost kind of ashamed to admit it, but blog reading has taken up all of my regular book reading time I used to have. I do almost all my reading electronically now.
- Do you comment on other people’s blogs? Yes, I do from time to time, but I only comment on SL blogs. I have never (as far as I can remember) commented on any of the RL blogs I read.
- Do you keep track of how many visitors you have? I do, because I need to provide that information to my advertisers and also because it’s fun to see what people search for when they end up on my blog. Sometimes I share the funny search terms on plurk.
- Did you ever regret a post that you wrote? No, not really. My blog posts are not controversial, I just do this for fun so I don’t regret anything. Well now that I think of it, last summer I posted a couple of emo posts when I was depressed and I regretted it the next day but I didn’t delete them and I don’t really regret them anymore. It was just me sharing my feelings so I guess I don’t really have to be ashamed of that.
- Do you think your readers have a true sense of who you are based on your blog? To an extent, yes.
- Do you blog under your real name? No, I blog under my second life name. I have never blogged under my real name.
- Are there topics that you would never blog about? Yes, lots! I have a set of rules that I follow for my blog. I often get approached by people asking me to blog about them or have them on my blog or interview them on my blog or cover their event/sim etc.. and my rule is, that if I’m not directly involved in it somehow or if I don’t find it interesting, I won’t blog it. As for interviews and such, I only do that to my friends when I want to torture them or just for fun. This blog is very personal to me and so everything I blog here I need to feel connected with or it feels like it’s forced.
- What is the theme/topic of your blog? Oh boy, this is a hard one. I guess my main topic is Second Life. I do tend to cover more fashion, but I don’t really consider myself a fashion blogger because I don’t review things and I don’t point out errors or seams and I’m kind of a sucky stylist. I just like to take pictures and ramble on about whatever is on my mind that day. So I think I would call myself a Second life lifestyle blogger, if that makes sense? I don’t know!
- Do you have more than one blog? If so, why? I actually do have more than one blog. I have a tumblr for quotes that I like and then I also have another anonymous blog where sometimes I’ll ramble on about stuff, mostly real life related or just whatever’s in my head. That blog has nothing to do with my second life though and I have never shared it with anyone that I know. It’s more a place where I share my most intimate and personal feelings.
- What have you found to be the benefits of blogging? It’s helped me discover things about myself that I didn’t realize before. It’s given me confidence and also something to feel proud of. It’s also helped me connect with other SLers that are avid readers and bloggers themselves. It’s definitely been a great journey.
- So, why do you continue to blog? Well pretty much everything I said in the previous question and also I guess it helps me relax and release whatever random thoughts are in my head. I like to share information and teach people whatever things I’ve picked up along the way, and a blog is one of the easiest ways to do that. I also work from home and I’m on or near my computer during the day often so when I don’t have a lot of rl work to do, blogging is a good way to take up my time.
While we’re on the topic of blogging, I often get other bloggers contacting me asking me questions to help them with their blogging journeys. I try and do the best I can. I’ve done a couple of tutorials for bloggers: Fashion Blogging 101 and I think therefore I blog that may help them out. However, recently I’ve also been directing them to this really amazing support group (that I’m also a part of). The organizers of this group are very helpful and there is a lot of information on the blog itself that I am sure you will find useful. The group is called SL Blogger Support and this is their blog. You can apply here to join the group. I’m usually lost in my own little world so don’t always have the most updated information about all the events and what’s going on, but the organizers of this group are always up to date and very helpful so I absolutely recommend joining!
Finally, please remember that you can participate in any of the memes at any time. You’ll find them all under my Blog Challenges category along with other memes and challenges I’ve done over the years. Also, thank you so much for participating in them so far, I’m having so much fun learning more about you guys! <3