Playing with Projectors
“The undressed is vulgar – the nude is pure”
– For my bare series.
Cajsa Lilliehook recently put one of her light projectors on marketplace for a bargain price of L$50. She had done a tutorial before about creating your own projectors, but I am so bad at that kind of stuff, I can barely even rez a box. So when I saw that she put it up on marketplace, I quickly picked one up.
It’s fun but can be a bit tricky, so here’s a few steps that might help you out before you rez and start playing with it.
- Make sure you have your shadows enabled and your local lights on. You’ll find that all in your graphics settings (Me > Preferences > Graphics)
- Make sure your background is not full-bright so you can see the shadows once you have the projector rezzed and running.
- The projector is transparent so I checked highlight transparencies before I rezzed it so I could see it properly (Advanced > Highlighting and Visibility > Highlight Transparent)
- I rezzed and positioned the projector so the light was shining on me, however I felt the light was a bit too strong so I edited the projector, then checked edit linked, and clicked on each piece of the projector separately while playing with some of the settings in the “features” tab. In this tab I reduced the intensity a bit, and played around with Fall-off and FOV. You can play with it till you get it to your desired lighting, it’s so versatile!
- This works best in a darker windlight, so make sure to set yours at midnight to see it well. For this picture, I used my Onyx setting that can be downloaded from my windlight settings page, it’s in the 10 pack of settings.
- Before you start clicking pictures, remember to go back and uncheck highlight transparencies and then click away! (Advanced > Highlighting and Visibility > Highlight Transparent)
That’s about all you have to do and you can create some very dramatic lighting, plus it’s fun to experiment with! Cajsa has a great little notecard that comes with the purchase that has all of the information on it as well.
Have a fabulous Thursday! <3
*Skin: al vulo- Portia* Peep brown brow olive by Hlin Bluebird (@ BBS)
Hair: *Alice Project* Bells II [S] – Infinity by Alice Demonia (@ FaMESHed)
*Mesh Hands: Slink Mesh Hand Casual by Siddean Munro
*Pose: Exposeur Classic Elegance 2 by RubyStarlight Writer
Projector: FIAT LUX – Blue Double Projector by Cajsa Lilliehook
14 thoughts on “Playing with Projectors”
Thanks so much for this. I love shadows and am always trying to find new ways to play with them. ♥
Pingback: Cajsa Fast Five: April 11th | Its Only Fashion
thats fucking ugly and fat im sure you had to be nude virtually cuz you must be a fat ass in real life lmao
That is fugly lmao you writing like you miss know it all.. did you even go to school for this? provably not since you wasting people’s time with your retarded know how to’s
im pretty sure you gotta be one of those stay at home mom’s that eat bon bons all day cause this is god awful lmao
fucking retarded shit jajaja you wasted all that time and energy for this
Lyrical, you’re very welcome. I hope you have fun with it!
Brad, Ciara and Jerry…you figured me out, except I’m not big on bons bons. They stick to my dentures and give me too much gas.
You morons couldn’t be more wrong. I’ve seen Berry’s rl pics, and I can tell you…
…she sits around eating COOKIES all day in real life.
Do some research GOD.
P.S Go fuck yourself. <3
funny how stupid trolls make a fake account to hate on someone and then say ” you wasted all that time and energy for this” whatever…
Anyway, Thanks for posting this! i got it and it’s fun to play with! I will be posting a pic on the SL feed now and link it to this page ^_^
She is a blogger, photographer and a social media enthusiast.?
its funny how people without careers suddenly make themselves seem important.. SL since 2007 thats gotta tell you someone needs to get a life she be 50 years ol and still role play one thing is for sure her wrinkles may never show on her virtual self lmao
At least she got you as a fan Brad/Ciara/Jerry/Kendra/Moron (whatever your name is)
Where are your fans at?
Awwww these haters are so cute huh?
anyways, on a positive note, I DID try the projectors out for myself so thank you very much Strawberry and Cajsa for the tutorials and the motivation 🙂
Pingback: This is a Woman’s World… | Miss Painfully Hip
Pingback: An Interview With Strawberry Singh Part 1 – The Fellowship Of The Singh » Ciaran Laval
Pingback: Amethyst Goddess (Post-21576) - Old London Docks