“The undressed is vulgar – the nude is pure”
– For my bare series.
Cajsa Lilliehook recently put one of her light projectors on marketplace for a bargain price of L$50. She had done a tutorial before about creating your own projectors, but I am so bad at that kind of stuff, I can barely even rez a box. So when I saw that she put it up on marketplace, I quickly picked one up.
It’s fun but can be a bit tricky, so here’s a few steps that might help you out before you rez and start playing with it.
- Make sure you have your shadows enabled and your local lights on. You’ll find that all in your graphics settings (Me > Preferences > Graphics)
- Make sure your background is not full-bright so you can see the shadows once you have the projector rezzed and running.
- The projector is transparent so I checked highlight transparencies before I rezzed it so I could see it properly (Advanced > Highlighting and Visibility > Highlight Transparent)
- I rezzed and positioned the projector so the light was shining on me, however I felt the light was a bit too strong so I edited the projector, then checked edit linked, and clicked on each piece of the projector separately while playing with some of the settings in the “features” tab. In this tab I reduced the intensity a bit, and played around with Fall-off and FOV. You can play with it till you get it to your desired lighting, it’s so versatile!
- This works best in a darker windlight, so make sure to set yours at midnight to see it well. For this picture, I used my Onyx setting that can be downloaded from my windlight settings page, it’s in the 10 pack of settings.
- Before you start clicking pictures, remember to go back and uncheck highlight transparencies and then click away! (Advanced > Highlighting and Visibility > Highlight Transparent)
That’s about all you have to do and you can create some very dramatic lighting, plus it’s fun to experiment with! Cajsa has a great little notecard that comes with the purchase that has all of the information on it as well.
Have a fabulous Thursday! <3
*Skin: al vulo- Portia* Peep brown brow olive by Hlin Bluebird (@ BBS)
Hair: *Alice Project* Bells II [S] – Infinity by Alice Demonia (@ FaMESHed)
*Mesh Hands: Slink Mesh Hand Casual by Siddean Munro
*Pose: Exposeur Classic Elegance 2 by RubyStarlight Writer
Projector: FIAT LUX – Blue Double Projector by Cajsa Lilliehook