Mesh went gridwide on August 23rd, 2011. Today I finally picked up a Mesh dress that caught my eye and I do have to say, it’s quite sensational. I did not photoshop this dress at all, I wanted to show you what it looked like as I posed in different ways.
Now I am going to share a few things about Mesh:
Viewers that currently support Mesh:
These are the viewers that currently support Mesh that I am aware of. I am going to share what happened when I tried to use them. You can see my computer specs on this page.
- SL Viewer 3.0 – It crashed on me instantly as soon as I logged in, even with an ALT that has less than 5K inventory. At times the display driver crashes as soon as I start it up. Please vote for this jira if you have a Nvidia GTX 400 series.
- Kirstens Viewer S21 Build 9 – This viewer worked pretty well for me, and this is the one I used to take these images.
- Firestorm – As of September 6th it supports Mesh.
- Astra Viewer – For those used to viewer 1 – I have not confirmed myself if this actually works since I do not use V1.
- Cool VL Viewer – Another V1 with mesh – I have not tried it.
Mesh in the News:
The grid has been buzzing about Mesh the past week. Here are some links to blog posts and such with more information.
- Mesh Showcase in the Destination Guide – Some links to stores and destinations with Mesh. If you’d like to be considered for the Mesh Showcase, fill out the Destination Guide Suggestion Submission form.
- Meshes: A Revolution? – A fantastic post by Tanaquil Beaumont talking indepth about Mesh and even an image showing what you will look like to people that are NOT using a Mesh enabled viewer. MUST READ!
- Mesh jira by Maxwell Graf – Please take a moment to read and then vote for this very important jira.
- Amazing Infograph about Mesh + Video by Damien fate – You gotta see this!
- Various other bloggers have been reporting about Mesh – New World Notes, Daniel Voyager, Tateru Nino and Inara Pey.
Mesh on Flickr:
Flickr groups where you can share all your mesh related pictures.
Stores currently offering Mesh items:
This is just a short list of stores that carry mesh items, please view this plurk for more and feel free to add your own.
- Random Crap by Damien Fate – These are full perm Mesh templates that you can use to create your own Mesh clothing.
- Jane by Janie Marlow – Extensive collection of dresses and other Mesh items.
- Slink by Siddean Munro – Mesh Jeans sent to Slink group.
- Wicked Closet by Bryce Tully – Some Mesh clothing for the boys!
- Zoobong by Ajay Giano – Baggy Mesh pants sent to Zoobong group.
- Rebel Hope Designs by Rebel Hope – The Mesh gown I am wearing in this post.
- My Mesh Stores Plurk – There is a long list of stores here shared by different plurkers. Feel free to add your store links, images, blog posts, etc… Thank you!
What I’m wearing:
*Skin: Glam Affair Jadis V2 by Aida Ewing
Hair: Elikatira Rhythm by Elikapeka Tiramisu
Dress: !Rebel Hope Designs – Fabria Mesh Gown Ruby by Rebel Hope
Jewels: !Rebel Hope Designs – Fabria Necklace and Earrings Platinum by Rebel Hope
*Nails: je suis Naive Nails by Julia Merosi
*Poses: Long Awkward Pose by Dove Swanson