Much Ado About Mesh!
Mesh went gridwide on August 23rd, 2011. Today I finally picked up a Mesh dress that caught my eye and I do have to say, it’s quite sensational. I did not photoshop this dress at all, I wanted to show you what it looked like as I posed in different ways.
Now I am going to share a few things about Mesh:
Viewers that currently support Mesh:
These are the viewers that currently support Mesh that I am aware of. I am going to share what happened when I tried to use them. You can see my computer specs on this page.
- SL Viewer 3.0 – It crashed on me instantly as soon as I logged in, even with an ALT that has less than 5K inventory. At times the display driver crashes as soon as I start it up. Please vote for this jira if you have a Nvidia GTX 400 series.
- Kirstens Viewer S21 Build 9 – This viewer worked pretty well for me, and this is the one I used to take these images.
- Firestorm – As of September 6th it supports Mesh.
- Astra Viewer – For those used to viewer 1 – I have not confirmed myself if this actually works since I do not use V1.
- Cool VL Viewer – Another V1 with mesh – I have not tried it.
Mesh in the News:
The grid has been buzzing about Mesh the past week. Here are some links to blog posts and such with more information.
- Mesh Showcase in the Destination Guide – Some links to stores and destinations with Mesh. If you’d like to be considered for the Mesh Showcase, fill out the Destination Guide Suggestion Submission form.
- Meshes: A Revolution? – A fantastic post by Tanaquil Beaumont talking indepth about Mesh and even an image showing what you will look like to people that are NOT using a Mesh enabled viewer. MUST READ!
- Mesh jira by Maxwell Graf – Please take a moment to read and then vote for this very important jira.
- Amazing Infograph about Mesh + Video by Damien fate – You gotta see this!
- Various other bloggers have been reporting about Mesh – New World Notes, Daniel Voyager, Tateru Nino and Inara Pey.
Mesh on Flickr:
Flickr groups where you can share all your mesh related pictures.
Stores currently offering Mesh items:
This is just a short list of stores that carry mesh items, please view this plurk for more and feel free to add your own.
- Random Crap by Damien Fate – These are full perm Mesh templates that you can use to create your own Mesh clothing.
- Jane by Janie Marlow – Extensive collection of dresses and other Mesh items.
- Slink by Siddean Munro – Mesh Jeans sent to Slink group.
- Wicked Closet by Bryce Tully – Some Mesh clothing for the boys!
- Zoobong by Ajay Giano – Baggy Mesh pants sent to Zoobong group.
- Rebel Hope Designs by Rebel Hope – The Mesh gown I am wearing in this post.
- My Mesh Stores Plurk – There is a long list of stores here shared by different plurkers. Feel free to add your store links, images, blog posts, etc… Thank you!
What I’m wearing:
*Skin: Glam Affair Jadis V2 by Aida Ewing
Hair: Elikatira Rhythm by Elikapeka Tiramisu
Dress: !Rebel Hope Designs – Fabria Mesh Gown Ruby by Rebel Hope
Jewels: !Rebel Hope Designs – Fabria Necklace and Earrings Platinum by Rebel Hope
*Nails: je suis Naive Nails by Julia Merosi
*Poses: Long Awkward Pose by Dove Swanson
22 thoughts on “Much Ado About Mesh!”
Hi, Strawberry, thanks for the link to my blog 🙂
Just thought I’d point out, the Astra Viewer 1.1.0 at astraviewer.org *does not* support mesh rendering at this point.
It’s the 1.5.10.(2) version. This is available from:
There’s a download link on the page.
Inara, thank you! I’ve updated the link.
Pingback: A fine mesh | It's Only Fashion
Cute look! I’m a viewer two hater so I haven’t tried mesh yet but I know that Haut Monde has added mesh skirts to their designs too if you want to add them to your list.
Vaki Zenovka has written a very provocative and interesting article on how mesh forces us back into a RL mindset about our shapes.
Woot! More meshies! Lovely!
Pingback: Meshes: a Revolution? (via Dunes) « Around the Grid
Great post Berry! You always do a sensational job of including so much useful information!
Thanks everyone, glad you are finding all this useful and thanks for sharing more links! Feel free to share any more store or informative links in the comments here! <3
Pingback: Do You Mesh? « I Derryth
Cool viewer is another mesh viewer. Based on V1 codebase.
Pingback: Fifteen Hours Late. « (ir)regular guy
Pingback: Meshing Around « Chance
Pingback: Just Meshing Around « The Torch: SL Guide
A couple of items from Hucci blogged here http://bahiaslife.wordpress.com/2011/08/29/vous-avez-dit-mesh/
Just wanted to let you know that the Lindens do have a test build out for the issues us 400 series seem to be having: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SH-2368
So far I am getting good results!
Fascinatingly enough, the mesh Jira concerning shapes appears to have gone missing. Do you happen to have any idea why?
A friend was curious about mesh so I went to check on the Jira and see how many votes we were up to, and I’m getting a “Permission Violation” error .
It seems that you have tried to perform an operation which you are not permitted to perform.
If you think this message is wrong, please consult your administrators about getting the necessary permissions.”
Pingback: Stop meshing about! « Kittywitchin'
Pingback: Cool Formal Bridal Gowns images « « Yolanda Fashion Photo Gallery Yolanda Fashion Photo Gallery
Pingback: What’s Your Digits? – Take 2: The Mesh Revolution! | StrawberrySingh.com
Pingback: Just Meshing Around | The Torch: Entertainment Guide
Pingback: 10 Years of Second Life Fashion – StrawberrySingh.com