Over the past few years I’ve taken quite a number of pictures of my avatar with her eyes closed and I’ve always gotten a lot of questions asking how I go about doing that. I’ve tried my best to explain it to everyone that has asked, but I’m not sure if I was clear enough so I thought I would just bite the bullet and go ahead and make a video tutorial outlining the procedure I use.
Here it is, if you have trouble viewing it here you can visit my youtube page:
This was my first time doing a video tutorial so I would love some feedback. Please let me know if I went too fast or didn’t give enough details because I am planning to do more video tutorials in the future so your feedback will be very helpful. After listening to myself I’ve already discovered that I say ummmmm a lot and plurked about it! LOL So definitely going to try not to do that in future tutorials.
This procedure that I use I actually learned from a video tutorial by Ryker Beck a few years ago which you can view here. I encourage you to do that because she has a lot more detail in her video that might be helpful.
EDIT: I just realized that it may be difficult for some people to either view or hear the video and I deeply apologize about that. I did not think of it before and I promise I will do my best to also write out the steps in my blog posts as well.
This is what I do when taking a picture with my eyes closed:
- Remove any prim lashes.
- Choose an eye makeup that has a lighter lid so when the eyes are closed they don’t look all black.
- Hit the snapshot button and look for the freeze frame option (and select it) at the bottom of the snapshot preview box.
- Reposition your image by using your mouse while you are still in freeze frame mode.
- Select and deselect the freeze frame option continuously by using your mouse (or the space-bar on the keyboard) until you catch yourself in the middle of a blink. It takes a lot of patience but most of the time I get it within the first few tries.
- Hit save to save your snapshot to disk 🙂
» You can view all of my current tutorials on my tutorials page.
*Skin: :: DUTCH TOUCH ::Yri:: Coffee – Dreamy HBBrown CL1 by Iki Ikarus
Hair: !lamb. Lost – Kit Kat by Lamb Bellic
Top: MichaMi: Kat (top) in Golden Brown by Milla Michinaga
Ring: MIEL MIA RING by Mika Nieuport
*Pose: Diesel Works by Rogan Diesel (From the Berrylicious Pose Set) 😀
Also in case you were wondering how I did this video tutorial, I used Camtasia.