Friday Find: Paradiso
Ziki Questi sent me a landmark to Paradiso a few weeks ago. Today when I dropped by, I got a notification that Paradiso might close in 18 days. It’s a beautiful water sim which has a serene feel to it. I’m not sure why it may be closing in 18 days, but there was a donation box at the entrance so I dropped some lindens in there. Hopefully things will turn around for them and it’ll stay open for longer.
Here are some links for info:
> raw shot
> Paradiso Flickr Group
- The Drax Files Radio Hour – Over the last few weeks Drax has shared more interviews with different Linden Lab employees whom he met on his trip there.
- SL11B – is accepting applications, check them out if you wish to participate.
- SLinventory – A new website that makes shopping easier for shopaholics. They also have a Facebook page.
- New Mesh Avatars – The Lab has released new mesh avatars that have caused a lot of debate throughout the blogosphere. There is a big discussion about them in one of my plurks.
- Materials Settings Info by Mina Nakamura – Mina creates hair that is materials enhanced and in this post she shares some info and her windlight settings that makes her hair look more realistic.
- Appearances in Second Life – Canary Beck has a series of very interesting posts regarding appearances of our Second Life avatar. She held a discussion panel with a few residents and she’s been sharing snippets of their conversations in the post. It’s defintitely an interesting read.
- Fantasy Faire Contest – Fantasy Faire is running a very interesting contest where the winning images will be placed in a real life calendar that can be purchased in the real world. Make sure to read the rules of the contest for all the details.
- New Guest Blogger on StrawberrySingh.com – There is only a few weeks left of school so I’ll be pretty busy for the next little while and then I’m leaving for vacation in June for a month, because of that I thought it would be interesting to add another guest blogger to the mix. Edie is a relatively new friend but I’ve know her alter-ego for many years now. She is pretty crazy but also interesting. She’s not a fashion blogger, but she does have interesting ideas and thinks of wacky projects which she shares on her own blog. I’m not sure if and when she’ll blog over here, but I thought I’d give y’all a heads up if she does.
I’m planning to blog a tutorial tomorrow, so make sure to drop by and have a great weekend! <3
(SLurl) (raw shot) Friday Find: Starfall Two weeks in a row Ms. Ziki Questi has provided me with some amazing Friday Finds. She dropped two landmarks on me the other night, both of them are beautiful. I chose to blog Starfall today. Ziki blogged it herself as well, with lots of great info, so make […] Continue reading →
Friday Find: A Petrovsky Flux There has been a lot of buzz about this sim recently all over twitter and some travel blogs that I felt compelled to go see it myself. I first heard about it through Ziki Questi when she blogged about how it may eventually disappear. So I made a note to […] Continue reading →
(raw shot) (SLurl) Friday Find: It all starts with a smile This week I’m covering a sim that I have blogged before, however I wanted to highlight it again this week because there is a contest going on and you know I can never resist a good contest. The sim is owned by Kaelyn Alecto […] Continue reading →
(raw shot) (SLurl) Friday Find: The Lefevre Mansion The other day a Facebook friend sent me an invite to like a facebook page, the page was for The Lefevre Mansion. The pictures on the page and links to other blog posts got my attention. There was also a youtube video that told the story behind […] Continue reading →
(raw shot) (SLurl) Friday Find: Isla Okiddo A few months ago, Liara Okiddo (kemicq) contacted me regarding an art gallery that she was working on. It was going to be a little bit different and she requested some of my work to display there along with many other talented Second Life artists. When I went […] Continue reading →
This is not the typical Friday Find that I usually do every week where I share an image of a location with you, but I will share a couple of locations/slurls that may be of interest. I took the first image at Illusions Arabian Marketplace. It’s a very pretty build with bold textures and I’ve […] Continue reading →
Friday Find – Mingle Please excuse the horrible color banding in this photo, it’s a raw shot and since my flight leaves in a few hours, I don’t have time to photoshop. I’m covering another event for Friday Finds this week because I felt that it’s really a fun experience for all and there is […] Continue reading →
I should just rename Friday Find to Saturday find as I’m always late, oops! (SLurl) (Website) (raw shot) Friday Find: Chinese New Year Festival I didn’t plan on covering events for Friday Finds, but I figured if I can get into the event and it is a pretty place, I might as well. Chinese New […] Continue reading →
Location: The Warehouse on The Grove Country Club Estates Friday Find: The Grove Country Club Estates Our beloved Mr. Jefferson recently posted images of these sparkly blazers and helmets on plurk and as soon as I saw them I started drooling. I knew that I had to get Manberry a pair. So we headed down […] Continue reading →
(this is a raw shot) (SLurl) Friday Find: The 1920s Berlin Project I’ve been meaning to head down to this sim for over a year now but the first time I went, I realized I wasn’t dressed properly so left quickly. Finally, last night I put on a flapper dress and do and went to […] Continue reading →
I wanted to wish you all a very happy 2014! I hope your holidays were fun but safe, and you were surrounded by loved ones. My Christmas was wonderful with lots of family around and then for New Years I went out of town for a couple of days. New Years Eve was especially magical […] Continue reading →
(SLurl) Friday Find: The North Pole Village & Santa’s Workshop Of course I couldn’t let the last Friday before Christmas go by without featuring The North Pole Village and Santa’s Workshop in Second Life. As you land at the North Pole, you’ll find yourself on top of a mountain. You can stroll down through the […] Continue reading →
(SLurl) (Flickr Group) (InWorld Group) Friday Saturday Find: Opium Soft Imari dropped me an IM the other day and requested I visit a sim that she is affiliated with. I was instantly intrigued because of this picture I saw in the flickr group. The picture was taken by Axiom Atic, whose whole flickr stream is […] Continue reading →
(SLurl) (Flickr Group) Friday Find: Pangloss Today’s find I actually found in the Destination Guide. I teleported to quite a few different places trying to find a good place to feature today, but just wasn’t feeling it till I hit Pangloss. The owner of the sim, Bowie Zeplin, drew inspiration from photographer Richard Mosse’s photo […] Continue reading →
(raw shot) (SLurl) (Flickr Group) Friday Find: DeRailed Today’s Friday Find is a place called DeRailed which is located on the crash boat sim. The owner of the sim is an old friend of mine, Denise Rowlands. I spent a bit of time with her yesterday as she showed me around. It’s a beautiful place […] Continue reading →
(raw shot) (SLurl) (flickr group) Friday Find: Dawn of Radiance I actually first noticed this place in the Explore Second Life flickr group. Someone had taken some beautiful pictures of it so I knew I had to visit. When I landed there, I discovered that it’s actually owned by someone on my flickr and plurk […] Continue reading →