Friday Find: Blithe
> Blithe SLurl
> Blithe Flickr Group
Blithe, which means cheerful & carefree, is owned by the talented Ms. Harlow Heslop and is adjacent to the Pixel Bean Coffeehouse. They are both on two adjoining nature sims with many areas for you to explore and spend time with loved ones. I’ve spent a lot of time there the past few days just enjoying the atmosphere with close friends. Hope you get a chance to visit and spend some time there as well.
UPDATE: One thing I forgot to mention. You can join the Blithe Inworld Group for L$200 and be able to rez poses, props and other items there for your photographic needs. You’ll find the Group Sign as well as a donation box at the landing point.
- Photographer of the Week: Emma – Emma’s pictures are whimsical and magical and I find them so incredibly artistic. One of my favorite images of hers is Burning Soul. I love everything about this image: her look, her processing and her absolutely stunning avatar.
- The Drax Files Radio Hour – show #56 marketing SL – This week the brilliant Canary Beck is on with Drax discussing what she believes the Lab should be focusing on when marketing Second Life. Very interesting show this week.
- Draxtor Despres’ 8th Rezday – It was Draxtor’s 8th rezday on Friday, February 20th and he threw a very rockin’ rezday party, which I attended and took many pictures at. I have put some on my flickr as well as twitter. Quite a few lindens were there as well so I couldn’t resist snapping a pic of Xiola Linden while she tore up the dance floor. I also had one of the cutest dance partners at the party too. It was great fun! Happy Rezday Drax, thank you for all that you do for Second Life! <3
- Diesel Works Sale! – If you are looking for some poses, animations and unique props, head on over to Diesel Works because currently everything in the store is 50% off for a limited time!
- How big is your inventory? – On Thursday Linden Lab asked their Facebook Fans how many items they had in their inventory and I was feeling ashamed of my high number at 127K but luckily shortly after I shared mine, many people came in after me and started sharing their higher numbers, one person was even in the 400K region. Needless to say, I feel much better about my number now. What’s your inventory number?
- Buzzfeed Quiz of the Week: Who Would You Be If You Weren’t Yourself? – Well, gotta admit, this gave me a chuckle. No one believes me when I say I’m sweet and innocent, now we have proof! :P
Hope you guys had a great weekend. Remember to drop by tomorrow for my Monday Meme! <3
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! I don’t have a valentine this year so I did some exploring on my own today of a place I had never been to before in Second Life. So this is my Friday Find and Weekly Roundup post for this week. (click here for a raw shot) Friday Find: Elven Isle […] Continue reading →
Friday Find: Winter Wonderland Linden Lab announced the opening of Winter Wonderland last week. It’s basically four regions of icy snow and has a bunch of activities available there as well, such as a Ferris Wheel, Winter Snow Track, Ice Skate Arena and of course the Snowball Arena. When you land there, you’ll get some […] Continue reading →
Friday Find: Lago de Prata This week’s Friday find was sent to me by AnellyStone. Lago de Prata is a beautiful rainforest sim owned by Impatwin Toxx. It is perfect for couples looking for a place to vacation. They also have a new wonderful jazz lounge that just opened and features live music. You can rent […] Continue reading →
Friday Find: The Rose Theatre & Art Gallery on Angel Manor Estate The blogosphere has been buzzing about the new video about Angel Manor and even though I have been there before, I figured it would be a good time to see it again and make it a Friday Find. I didn’t take many pictures, […] Continue reading →
Late with this week’s Friday Find, but better late than never, right? :P Friday Find: Dalsgaard To find today’s Friday Find, I once again looked at my Explore Second Life flickr group and this image caught my eye. I had never heard of Dalsgaard before and as soon as I landed there, I would say […] Continue reading →
Friday Find: The Pines at Jacob’s Pond This week’s Friday Find I found in my Explore Second Life flickr group. I usually take a look in there when I’m trying to find a location to shoot at. Luckily I have a team of wonderful moderators in the group now that are doing an excellent job […] Continue reading →
All of the images in this post are raw shots! I hadn’t done a ‘Friday Find‘ post in so long but now with my new computer, I want to do them all the time! I also miss doing the Weekly Roundup posts since I was able to talk about lots of random things in them […] Continue reading →
Friday Find: Paradiso Ziki Questi sent me a landmark to Paradiso a few weeks ago. Today when I dropped by, I got a notification that Paradiso might close in 18 days. It’s a beautiful water sim which has a serene feel to it. I’m not sure why it may be closing in 18 days, but […] Continue reading →
(SLurl) (raw shot) Friday Find: Starfall Two weeks in a row Ms. Ziki Questi has provided me with some amazing Friday Finds. She dropped two landmarks on me the other night, both of them are beautiful. I chose to blog Starfall today. Ziki blogged it herself as well, with lots of great info, so make […] Continue reading →
Friday Find: A Petrovsky Flux There has been a lot of buzz about this sim recently all over twitter and some travel blogs that I felt compelled to go see it myself. I first heard about it through Ziki Questi when she blogged about how it may eventually disappear. So I made a note to […] Continue reading →
(raw shot) (SLurl) Friday Find: It all starts with a smile This week I’m covering a sim that I have blogged before, however I wanted to highlight it again this week because there is a contest going on and you know I can never resist a good contest. The sim is owned by Kaelyn Alecto […] Continue reading →
(raw shot) (SLurl) Friday Find: The Lefevre Mansion The other day a Facebook friend sent me an invite to like a facebook page, the page was for The Lefevre Mansion. The pictures on the page and links to other blog posts got my attention. There was also a youtube video that told the story behind […] Continue reading →
(raw shot) (SLurl) Friday Find: Isla Okiddo A few months ago, Liara Okiddo (kemicq) contacted me regarding an art gallery that she was working on. It was going to be a little bit different and she requested some of my work to display there along with many other talented Second Life artists. When I went […] Continue reading →
This is not the typical Friday Find that I usually do every week where I share an image of a location with you, but I will share a couple of locations/slurls that may be of interest. I took the first image at Illusions Arabian Marketplace. It’s a very pretty build with bold textures and I’ve […] Continue reading →
Friday Find – Mingle Please excuse the horrible color banding in this photo, it’s a raw shot and since my flight leaves in a few hours, I don’t have time to photoshop. I’m covering another event for Friday Finds this week because I felt that it’s really a fun experience for all and there is […] Continue reading →
I should just rename Friday Find to Saturday find as I’m always late, oops! (SLurl) (Website) (raw shot) Friday Find: Chinese New Year Festival I didn’t plan on covering events for Friday Finds, but I figured if I can get into the event and it is a pretty place, I might as well. Chinese New […] Continue reading →