Friday Find: A Petrovsky Flux
There has been a lot of buzz about this sim recently all over twitter and some travel blogs that I felt compelled to go see it myself. I first heard about it through Ziki Questi when she blogged about how it may eventually disappear. So I made a note to possibly visit it soon. Soon came earlier than I thought it would when I noticed the new CEO of Linden Lab tweet that he was currently at the sim. Then of course I couldn’t resist stalking him.
(SLurl to A Petrovsky Flux)
Once I plurked that I was heading there, a few plurkers followed and soon we had a crowd. He came and actually chatted with us for a bit. It’s nice to see him actually exploring the grid and chatting with the residents.
It was also interesting to see his avatar, which wasn’t completely newbie and almost kind of looked like the RL Ebbe.
> Closeup of Ebbe Linden
> Ebbe Linden surrounded by ladies
> More pics on my.secondlife profile feed
> SLurl to A Petrovsky Flux
> Flickr Group for A Petrovsky Flux
I think if you have some time, you should definitely visit this sim. Not sure how much longer it will be up there, but it’s a fantastic build. The concept is so magical and mind-blowing. I saw things destruct and fall apart in front of my own eyes and then I was pushed around by a floating sofa. It’s definitely an interesting visit.
- Botgirl’s Blog – Avatars Swoon as Linden Lab CEO Visits Virtual World – Botgirl made a little parody post referring to the way a bunch of us that saw the CEO inworld reacted on twitter. We were kind of like fangirling schoolgirls, sharing pictures and such. The best part about this parody is that I’m in it (kind of)! So it’s a must read. Botgirl didn’t quite undertstand why we all behaved that way, I don’t either to be honest. I guess for me, it was more excitement that I’ll finally be able to get a picture of him for a meme…which I did! LOL! So yeah, perhaps there WILL be an Ebbe meme in the very near future, I just need to figure out all the details.
- 26 day inventory alphabet challenge – For those into daily blog challenges, Vanessa Blayblock is running the alphabet challenge for the month of April. It started on the 1st but you can join in at any time. I might try and do a few if I remember. You can read that post for more info and also check out the daily videos she has been posting.
- The Drax Files: World Makers [ Episode 18: Paradise Lost] – This month Drax Files video series comes back with episode 18 and a focus on Paradise Lost, the performance by the Basilique.
- The Drax Files Radio Hour – Of course the Drax Files podcast is released every Friday and I try to link to it every week so you guys are aware. It’s one of my favorite podcasts as Drax and Jo cover a lot of information about virtual reality and all the news surrounding it. Last week they talked more in-depth about Oculus Rift and this week they focused on Second Life TOS. I learn a great deal from these podcasts, I hope you guys give them a listen!
- I was discussing my greatest fear in life on twitter earlier, what’s your greatest fear?
(raw shot) (SLurl) Friday Find: It all starts with a smile This week I’m covering a sim that I have blogged before, however I wanted to highlight it again this week because there is a contest going on and you know I can never resist a good contest. The sim is owned by Kaelyn Alecto […] Continue reading →
(raw shot) (SLurl) Friday Find: The Lefevre Mansion The other day a Facebook friend sent me an invite to like a facebook page, the page was for The Lefevre Mansion. The pictures on the page and links to other blog posts got my attention. There was also a youtube video that told the story behind […] Continue reading →
(raw shot) (SLurl) Friday Find: Isla Okiddo A few months ago, Liara Okiddo (kemicq) contacted me regarding an art gallery that she was working on. It was going to be a little bit different and she requested some of my work to display there along with many other talented Second Life artists. When I went […] Continue reading →
This is not the typical Friday Find that I usually do every week where I share an image of a location with you, but I will share a couple of locations/slurls that may be of interest. I took the first image at Illusions Arabian Marketplace. It’s a very pretty build with bold textures and I’ve […] Continue reading →
Friday Find – Mingle Please excuse the horrible color banding in this photo, it’s a raw shot and since my flight leaves in a few hours, I don’t have time to photoshop. I’m covering another event for Friday Finds this week because I felt that it’s really a fun experience for all and there is […] Continue reading →
I should just rename Friday Find to Saturday find as I’m always late, oops! (SLurl) (Website) (raw shot) Friday Find: Chinese New Year Festival I didn’t plan on covering events for Friday Finds, but I figured if I can get into the event and it is a pretty place, I might as well. Chinese New […] Continue reading →
Location: The Warehouse on The Grove Country Club Estates Friday Find: The Grove Country Club Estates Our beloved Mr. Jefferson recently posted images of these sparkly blazers and helmets on plurk and as soon as I saw them I started drooling. I knew that I had to get Manberry a pair. So we headed down […] Continue reading →
(this is a raw shot) (SLurl) Friday Find: The 1920s Berlin Project I’ve been meaning to head down to this sim for over a year now but the first time I went, I realized I wasn’t dressed properly so left quickly. Finally, last night I put on a flapper dress and do and went to […] Continue reading →
I wanted to wish you all a very happy 2014! I hope your holidays were fun but safe, and you were surrounded by loved ones. My Christmas was wonderful with lots of family around and then for New Years I went out of town for a couple of days. New Years Eve was especially magical […] Continue reading →
(SLurl) Friday Find: The North Pole Village & Santa’s Workshop Of course I couldn’t let the last Friday before Christmas go by without featuring The North Pole Village and Santa’s Workshop in Second Life. As you land at the North Pole, you’ll find yourself on top of a mountain. You can stroll down through the […] Continue reading →
(SLurl) (Flickr Group) (InWorld Group) Friday Saturday Find: Opium Soft Imari dropped me an IM the other day and requested I visit a sim that she is affiliated with. I was instantly intrigued because of this picture I saw in the flickr group. The picture was taken by Axiom Atic, whose whole flickr stream is […] Continue reading →
(SLurl) (Flickr Group) Friday Find: Pangloss Today’s find I actually found in the Destination Guide. I teleported to quite a few different places trying to find a good place to feature today, but just wasn’t feeling it till I hit Pangloss. The owner of the sim, Bowie Zeplin, drew inspiration from photographer Richard Mosse’s photo […] Continue reading →
(raw shot) (SLurl) (Flickr Group) Friday Find: DeRailed Today’s Friday Find is a place called DeRailed which is located on the crash boat sim. The owner of the sim is an old friend of mine, Denise Rowlands. I spent a bit of time with her yesterday as she showed me around. It’s a beautiful place […] Continue reading →
(raw shot) (SLurl) (flickr group) Friday Find: Dawn of Radiance I actually first noticed this place in the Explore Second Life flickr group. Someone had taken some beautiful pictures of it so I knew I had to visit. When I landed there, I discovered that it’s actually owned by someone on my flickr and plurk […] Continue reading →
(SLurl) Friday Find: DeadPool I’ve had a few people suggesting locations I should visit to feature in my Friday Finds posts, just wanted to thank you guys for doing that! I’m making a list of places so if you do have any suggestions, feel free to email me SLurls and any info about the places. […] Continue reading →
(raw shot) (SLurl) Friday Find: Hesperia of Templemore I was searching for a place to feature for my Friday Find today and I came across Hesperia of Templemore on a flickr contact’s stream. This is the kind of sim that makes you want to take lots of pictures. There is so much to see and […] Continue reading →
I’ve been meaning to do this for a while, finally got the chance. Every Friday I will try to cover an SL location, explore it and talk about it a bit. Along with that, I will do a weekly roundup and share things that interested me over the week, both RL and SL related. Friday […] Continue reading →