(raw shot) (SLurl)
Friday Find: It all starts with a smile
This week I’m covering a sim that I have blogged before, however I wanted to highlight it again this week because there is a contest going on and you know I can never resist a good contest.
The sim is owned by Kaelyn Alecto who has done an incredible job of putting it all together. I am planning to go back and take more pictures for the contest, for today I will go with this one.
For more information about the contest, visit Kaelyn’s blog and join the contest flickr group.
- The Drax Files Radio Hour – I didn’t do weekly roundup last week so didn’t get a chance to mention last week’s episode of drax files as well. Finally listened to them both today and they are, as always, very informative. Last week they spoke about oculus rift in detail. This week Ben Lang gives insight into virtual reality and immersion. It was interesting to hear his thoughts on it and how he sees Second Life in that regard. Jo also mentioned her new flickr group, “Second Life is looking good” where she encourages people to share new and updated images of SL. Drax also has his #SLLooksGoodToday twitter hashtag going strong. I hope you guys can contribute to both of these and get some updated images of Second Life out there.
- 21 Shoe Event – Today is March 21st so that means the 21 shoe event is going on, it happens on the 21st of every month. I went and picked up some nice shoes today, thought you might like to as well. You can see all of the ones that are available this month on their blog.
- Holidays this March: Yesterday was Nowruz, Spring Equinox & International day of Happiness. Also, this week was American Chocolate week. Now next week is my spring break! :D March is just full of happy and exciting holidays. We have family friends that celebrate Nowruz so we always celebrate with them. I hope whatever you are celebrating, it brings you all joy and don’t forget to eat lots of chocolate! I might be travelling a bit next week so I’ll let you know if I won’t be around/blogging as much.
- Queen the Movie – This bollywood movie was released in theaters in India on March 7th and I have been dying to get my hands on it. Can’t wait to see it available in my area soon. It stars Kangana Ranaut whom I just adore. I first fell in love with her in the movie Fashion when she played a drug-addicted supermodel. In Queen she is left at the alter and decides to go on her honeymoon by herself. As she travels the world and meets new people, she gains new experiences and discovers her own identity. I’ve been listening to the songs of this movie for weeks now, this one is one of my favs.
- Top 10 Second Life Men’s Fashion Brands – Recently I saw this article that listed the top 10 men’s fashion brands. That got me thinking, what do you think the Top 10 Men’s Fashion Brands are in Second Life? Most of my shopping for ManBerry consists of things I find at The Mens Dept, Fatewear, DECO and a few other stores. So this is for clothing, which do you think are the top brands for men these days? I know this will depend on people’s taste as well, but it would be great to see which ones people suggest. Then perhaps poor ManBerry could add more to his wardrobe.
What ManBerry is wearing:
Skin: Clef de Peau::Samuel:T3 Bare by Marcopol Oh (flickr)
Hair: [INK] Hair___JIJI ::Brown by Nontroppo Torii (blog)
Hairbase: …:::DURA:::… Hairbase – Brown by Naotsune Enzo
*Piercings: .Pekka. Hopeless Unisex Piercing – M – Nose – SILVER by Kathya Szczepanski (@ Mens Dept March)
*Jacket & Top: FATEwear Jacket – Denny by Damien Fate (blog)
*Pants: FATEplay – Morris Pants – Dark by Damien Fate
*Shoes: FLite.-Clearports Black Viper by liamcole (@ Mens Dept March)
Bag: AITUI – Sk8 Bag by Jesseaitui Petion (flickr)
Mesh Hands: Slink Male Hands (AvEnhance) – Relax by Siddean Munro
What Berry is wearing:
*Skin: [theSkinnery] Quiana – Bare face(toffee) DB+H CL1 by Umazuma Metaluna (@ Skin Fair) (flickr)
*Hair: TRUTH HAIR Maiko [Brown 2 Fade Light] by Truth Hawks (@ Arcade March)
*Headband: Noodles – Donut Headband Blue/Purple by Natalee Oodles (flickr)
*Top: coldLogic shirt – hawke.blue (S w/ undershirt) by coldLogic (Blog)
*Pants: coldLogic pants – jay.classic (S) by coldLogic (Blog)
*Shoes: 20.FIVE Mesh: Converse Dark by beanster Potato
*Backpack: MIAMAI_TCS_Backpack_Bear Blue by Monica Outlander
*Mesh Hands: Slink Avatar Enhancement Hands – Casual – Small by Siddean Munro
*Pose in 1st pic: oOo Studio Natural by Olaenka Chesnokov (@ Mens Dept March)
Location: (It all starts with a smile)
Good morning everyone and happy Monday! Today’s meme was actually going to happen later this year but I’ve pushed it up since Emily from SLTimeWellWasted did a similar challenge last week. So, I figured this time I would do a MEME-MASHUP and mix the two up so you guys can do both challenges if you […] Continue reading →
I was trying to do an entry for the 2013 Oscar Fashion Photo Contest but after I took all the images I realized it looks more like I’m marrying my alt, Manberry. *facepalm* So what I’ve decided is to not enter these ones because really…I dunno what I was thinking, lol. I went back and […] Continue reading →
Content Creator Ewan Mureaux of Conspiracy Theory requested some of us ladies on plurk to assist him with this creative new calendar he has released for the Zodiac event this month. Zodiac Capricorn started yesterday. Capricorns are hard workers, practical, prudent, ambitious and disciplined. A calendar is a must have for each capricorn! This calendar […] Continue reading →
“To live fully is to let go and die with each passing moment, and to be reborn in each new one.” This is for my bare series. Credits: *Skin: Glam Affair *Hair: LeLutka *Mesh Feet & Hands: SLink *Pose: oOo Studio WindLight & Mirror Water settings are on my WindLight Settings page for download. Continue reading →
Beta Viewer – 4000×2142 So I did this post really quickly as you can see since I’m not even wearing my dress properly. (I’m just going to be over here crying in the corner). I realized after I took the quick snaps that I am wearing the corset under the skirt and well, let’s just […] Continue reading →
(Raw shot from SL) Today is LaGyo designer, Gyorgyna Larnia’s birthday. I am a big fan of LaGyo jewelry and accessories, I’ve blogged them numerous times. Thank you Gyorgyna for bringing so much style and creativity to the grid. I hope you have a wonderful birthday! Continue reading →
Pomme d’Amour is a hair salon that is new to me so I was really happy to discover their adorable styles. I also have the teacher’s pet one that you can see on their blog and I’m planning to do a post with it, it’s so cute. You should definitely drop by and pick up […] Continue reading →
Ashraya, which means shelter in sanskrit, is an organization based in India which operates with the purpose of providing aid to Indian children in need and abused women through the implementation of various projects. The Ashraya Project in SL opens tomorrow, May 5th, and the proceeds will go towards this wonderful organization. There are many […] Continue reading →
Every Monday a Linden Lab employee changes the profile picture on the Second Life Facebook Page. This week they chose my picture to put up there. I noticed last week on the Facebook Page they had requested people to upload headshots that are clear and bright so they can use them as a profile pic. […] Continue reading →
Wear Gray for a Day is an event that is raising funds for the American Brain Tumor Association. With over 80 established stores participating, it is the brain child of Sanura Snowpaw. It is now open, so take the slurl and get shopping. I was recently linked to a post about a fellow SLer we […] Continue reading →
It’s been a while since I’ve done a male fashion post on my blog so I thought I should bring it back with a bang by introducing you to one of the sexiest men in my friend list. I’ve known Mr. Claudius Fouroux for a few years now and I cannot say that I have […] Continue reading →
From March 5th to March 8th Linden Lab is holding a special spring fashion event on the SL™ Community Fashion Forum and blogs. For my contribution to this event, I focused on mesh. You can check out my blog post at this link: Spring Mesh. I’ve asked a few questions in the Fashion Forum as […] Continue reading →
The October issue of Avenue Magazine has just hit the stands and for this month I thought I would talk about my favorite costume store on the grid, Deviance. If you’ve never been to Deviance, you’re missing out and should go check out the store…like right now. For all my style credits, check out pages […] Continue reading →
Something exciting is coming to Ozimals…very soon. Meet the adorable Pufflings! The Pufflings were created by Glinda the good witch for Princess Ozma (the ruler of Oz) for her birthday celebration! They live in the Palace at Emerald City on Magic of Oz. Every year on Ozma’s birthday there is a public holiday in Oz […] Continue reading →
“Love me when I least deserve it, because that’s when I really need it.” Swedish Proverb Credits: Female: Skin: Belleza by Tricky Boucher Hair: Elikatira Away Brown by Elikapeka Tiramisu Feet: Slink Jolie Pied Point by Siddean Munro Ring: Paper Couture Times Square Ring by Cora Lu Male: *Skin: Belleza by Tricky Boucher *Hair: Truth […] Continue reading →
The August issue of Avenue Magazine has me going back to my roots for my column. I really enjoyed doing this piece because it felt so much like me. There was more I wanted to cover and talk about so I am thinking of starting a new blog category for my silks and focusing more […] Continue reading →