It’s Monday so I thought I would do another one of my Monday Memes today. Today’s challenge is brought to you by Mr. Draxtor Despres. He poked me this morning and said he was starting a new hashtag on Twitter:
And you know me and my love for fun hashtags, so I just HAD to play along:
Meme Instructions: Use the hashtag #BecauseofSecondLife in your blog posts and/or on any social network (especially twitter) and share how becoming a Second Life resident has affected you!
I already shared my contribution above but here are a few more that I thought I would share in my post here, which I might tweet later (will link them if I do):
- #BecauseofSecondLife I have best friends that live on the other side of the planet.
- #BecauseofSecondLife I learned how to use Photoshop.
- #BecauseofSecondLife I learned it’s perfectly normal for hundreds of people to send random friend requests inworld on a daily basis to people they’ve never spoken a word to.
- #BecauseofSecondLife I try to cam around different websites to see the other side of them.
- #BecauseofSecondLife you’re gonna miss me when I’m gone and I will miss you too.
- #BecauseofSecondLife I have an addiction to memes and blog challenges.
Please remember that you can participate in any of the memes/challenges at any time. You’ll find them all under my Blog Challenges category along with other memes and challenges I’ve done over the years.
(click here for a raw shot)
Yesterday was May 1st and with that a whole bunch of Second Life shopping events have started (some of them absolutely new) so I wanted to make a list of the ones I know about:
- Luxe Box SL – If you are into the monthly subscription boxes in the real world, you are going to love Luxe Box! I signed up for the Sephora Play Box in the real world recently and yesterday I also joined the Luxe Box group inworld. Even though I won’t know what exactly I’m getting, I figured it would be a fun experiment. It’s only L$1000 to join the group right now and the designers they have participating this month are among my favorites. I’ll let you guys know once I receive the box how it all went and what I think. If I like it, I’ll definitely continue signing up each month. I think it’s a fun and exciting concept for SL.
- BuyNow! – This is also a new event which is marketplace focused so no more full sims and continuous banging on the teleport button. You can check out their website to see which designers are participating and what they are offering this month. Then click on the link to their marketplace store to purchase. Simple, quick and painless, just the way shopping should be!
- FaMESHed – is celebrating 4 years of shopping this year! They have 58 designers participating this round that will be bringing brand new exclusives as well as lots of gifts! To claim the gifts you need to be part of the FaMESHed Update Group. They were supposed to open yesterday but there were some technical difficulties with the sim so they will be opening today, May 2nd at 12pm SLT.
- Mix – Mix is another event that won’t give you any problems with lag and teleporting since you need to go to each designer’s store to shop this event. To make it easier for you, they have their HUD available for FREE on marketplace which you can use to hop, skip and teleport over to the different stores participating.
- The Gacha Garden – The skin applier and the crown and necklace I am wearing in this post are available at The Gacha Garden. The skin is from Glam Affair and the jewelry is from The Forge.
For more events to explore, click over to the Seraphim website.
*Mesh Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V3.5 by Onyx LeShelle
*Mesh Head: CATWA HEAD Candy V4.9 by Catwa Clip
*Skin Applier: Glam Affair – Catwa Applier – Clara – Jamaica 1 ( Special ) by Aida Ewing (@ Gacha Garden)
*Eyes: IKON Triumph Eyes – Hazel by Ikon Innovia
Hair: Magika GROUP GIFT – Bad Habit by Sabina Gully
*Outfit: .miss chelsea. Lise by misschelseastore (@ Uber)
*Crown & Necklace: [The Forge] Gypsy Queen by (@ Gacha Garden)
*Tattoo: Letis Tattoo :: Maat :: by Leti Hax
*Pose+Prop: Exposeur – Sunflower Pose 4 by RubyStarlight Writer
Location: The Trace Too
Insol is a Second Life skin store that opened up back in October of 2015 but recently they have released several new skin appliers for both Logo and Catwa heads that are just stunning so I wanted to show you guys a glimpse of those. The applier they released for Logo is called Tatyana and […] Continue reading →
The first day of spring was just a few weeks ago and I’m already seeing sim owners convert their sims over to springtime weather. One of the latest and most popular sims I’ve seen photographed these days is Nusquam, which is owned by the talented Randi Lenroy. Ziki Questi has done a great job of […] Continue reading →
Siddean Munro of SLink has recently released two new sets of feet: the kitten style and the point style, along with a separate Deluxe Pack for the female feet which comes with all five of the sets of feet she currently sells that can be controlled by a single HUD. I have done a little video […] Continue reading →
Last year I released a few physics layers on the marketplace for L$1. Since then I’ve received a wonderful response to them along with many questions on how to modify them. Today I was finally able to make a tutorial showing you guys how you can edit those layers, or create your own physics layer, […] Continue reading →
Today I’ve done a little video talking about three new items that I wanted to share with you. Here is the video on YouTube and below that I will go into a bit more detail about each item I talked about in the video: Video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Wv7hh0i37Ao Erratic Allure Satin Robe The erratic allure […] Continue reading →
(click here for a raw shot) I am attempting to bring my Monday Memes back, because I miss doing them so much. However, I am not sure I’ll be able to do them continuously every Monday. So I’ll keep it easy and just do them when I can. For this week’s Monday Meme, I am […] Continue reading →
(click here for a raw shot) Signature has been a Second Life brand for many years now. They used to release some excellent skins and they have previously released a female mesh body named Alice and two complete male avatars named Anthony and Franklin. Now, on Friday February 26th they have released a new male mesh […] Continue reading →
For us Americans, it’s ‘Super Tuesday’ today. ‘Super Tuesday’ is the unofficial name for a Tuesday (March 1st this year) during the US Presidential Primary election when the largest number of states hold their primaries or caucuses. These are the States participating today: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont and Virginia for […] Continue reading →
(click here for a raw shot) There are a lot of upgrades happening in Second Life these days. Not only is Project Bento just around the corner, but if you have previously purchased the Maitreya mesh body or a Catwa mesh head, you can expect some more updates and upgrades. First let’s talk about the […] Continue reading →
Ray is the 4th male mesh head I’m blogging from Akeruka. All of his heads have similar features but look drastically different providing a wide variety of looks to choose from. Here are some details about the Ray head: Price: The head is currently only available at the Men Only Monthly (MOM). It is currently at a […] Continue reading →
Zaara Kohime has done it again. After all these years she still manages to WOW me again and again. Her ‘Birds of Paradise’ series will be available at Collabor88 on January 8th. The series consists of the Sarika feather earrings which you can see in the first image and the Aletta ear wings which you can […] Continue reading →
I happened to have stumbled upon this gorgeous ring on marketplace and so I asked my plurk friends which one of them would propose to me with it. Obviously I was joking, but I was thinking perhaps in the future I’d pick it up for myself because I really do love rings and in the ad […] Continue reading →
On Tuesday, December 22nd LeLutka is releasing a special edition mesh head by the name of Simone. Simone has a lot of new interesting features compared to LeLutka’s previous heads. Simone is a 1.4 version of the heads while the previous released heads are at a 1.3 version. Here is a comparison of the differences […] Continue reading →
Catwa Catwa has released a new mesh head yesterday by the name of Gwen and I feel it has quite a bit of attitude. I also feel it looks quite different from her previous releases. One thing to note about Gwen’s release is if you read her flickr, she states that she has released an […] Continue reading →