Friday Find: The Rose Theatre & Art Gallery on Angel Manor Estate
The blogosphere has been buzzing about the new video about Angel Manor and even though I have been there before, I figured it would be a good time to see it again and make it a Friday Find.
I didn’t take many pictures, just two. The video is quite remarkable, make sure to check it out.
Teleport to Angel Manor
- This week’s featured Photographer: Rayne Morgan (VanilaJoy Resident) – I’ve admired Rayne’s work for quite some time, especially the realism she adds to her images with her hair. Now she’s actually selling her hair pieces which you can use to add to your own images in Photoshop. Check her flickr and DeviantArt page for all the details.
- Style Kingdom was kind enough to make me their Photographer of the month. My interview starts on page 27. A big thank you to Rogue Falconer for the interview and also to the whole Style Kingdom team for this honor. <3
- The Drax Files Radio Hour Podcast returned last week and I was asked to do the station id. Drax and I spoke about my Yearbook Challenge and his participation in it. You can hear me in last week’s show #51 topic: vr goes mainstream. This week’s show #52 called SLLooksGoodToday mentioned the Angel Manor videa.
- Whiskey Monday – Intrinsic Inventory – Whiskey Monday is working on a project and needs volunteers. She wants to take images of people holding a treasured item they have in their inventory. She has already started the project. You can check her blog for details on how to participate and also her flickr to see the images she has done so far.
- The Bia Awards for blogging – Vanessa Blaylock has blogged about The Bia Awards for blogging in virtual worlds. I’m actually not familiar with them but figured I’d share the info in case you guys were interested in participating.
- What if our avatars aged (and died!) in Second Life? by Canary Beck – Canary has written a very interesting and thought provoking post about age and how we portray it in Second Life. She also talks about a way of perhaps implementing ageing in Second Life. It’s a bit surreal to read actually lol but definitely makes you think.
- Buzzfeed Quiz of the week: Which Philosophy Do You Think Most Like? I thought this was a rather interesting quiz but admit I was surprised at my result. Obviously these buzzfeed quizzes are nowhere near accurate, but it is amusing to see how they come up with these kinds of results by just getting you to answer a bunch of silly questions. Well, it was a fun 2 minutes.
I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend! <3
Late with this week’s Friday Find, but better late than never, right? :P Friday Find: Dalsgaard To find today’s Friday Find, I once again looked at my Explore Second Life flickr group and this image caught my eye. I had never heard of Dalsgaard before and as soon as I landed there, I would say […] Continue reading →
Friday Find: The Pines at Jacob’s Pond This week’s Friday Find I found in my Explore Second Life flickr group. I usually take a look in there when I’m trying to find a location to shoot at. Luckily I have a team of wonderful moderators in the group now that are doing an excellent job […] Continue reading →
All of the images in this post are raw shots! I hadn’t done a ‘Friday Find‘ post in so long but now with my new computer, I want to do them all the time! I also miss doing the Weekly Roundup posts since I was able to talk about lots of random things in them […] Continue reading →
Friday Find: Paradiso Ziki Questi sent me a landmark to Paradiso a few weeks ago. Today when I dropped by, I got a notification that Paradiso might close in 18 days. It’s a beautiful water sim which has a serene feel to it. I’m not sure why it may be closing in 18 days, but […] Continue reading →
(SLurl) (raw shot) Friday Find: Starfall Two weeks in a row Ms. Ziki Questi has provided me with some amazing Friday Finds. She dropped two landmarks on me the other night, both of them are beautiful. I chose to blog Starfall today. Ziki blogged it herself as well, with lots of great info, so make […] Continue reading →
Friday Find: A Petrovsky Flux There has been a lot of buzz about this sim recently all over twitter and some travel blogs that I felt compelled to go see it myself. I first heard about it through Ziki Questi when she blogged about how it may eventually disappear. So I made a note to […] Continue reading →
Friday Find: Frisland This week’s Friday Find is not open to the public as of yet, it opens on Sunday, March 30th. The sim is owned by Charlie Namiboo, Annabell Barzane and Frislanda Ferraris. A few weeks ago, Frislanda did a search on Google for the origin of his name and found an article about […] Continue reading →
(raw shot) (SLurl) Friday Find: It all starts with a smile This week I’m covering a sim that I have blogged before, however I wanted to highlight it again this week because there is a contest going on and you know I can never resist a good contest. The sim is owned by Kaelyn Alecto […] Continue reading →
(raw shot) (SLurl) Friday Find: The Lefevre Mansion The other day a Facebook friend sent me an invite to like a facebook page, the page was for The Lefevre Mansion. The pictures on the page and links to other blog posts got my attention. There was also a youtube video that told the story behind […] Continue reading →
(raw shot) (SLurl) Friday Find: Isla Okiddo A few months ago, Liara Okiddo (kemicq) contacted me regarding an art gallery that she was working on. It was going to be a little bit different and she requested some of my work to display there along with many other talented Second Life artists. When I went […] Continue reading →
This is not the typical Friday Find that I usually do every week where I share an image of a location with you, but I will share a couple of locations/slurls that may be of interest. I took the first image at Illusions Arabian Marketplace. It’s a very pretty build with bold textures and I’ve […] Continue reading →
Friday Find – Mingle Please excuse the horrible color banding in this photo, it’s a raw shot and since my flight leaves in a few hours, I don’t have time to photoshop. I’m covering another event for Friday Finds this week because I felt that it’s really a fun experience for all and there is […] Continue reading →
I should just rename Friday Find to Saturday find as I’m always late, oops! (SLurl) (Website) (raw shot) Friday Find: Chinese New Year Festival I didn’t plan on covering events for Friday Finds, but I figured if I can get into the event and it is a pretty place, I might as well. Chinese New […] Continue reading →
Location: The Warehouse on The Grove Country Club Estates Friday Find: The Grove Country Club Estates Our beloved Mr. Jefferson recently posted images of these sparkly blazers and helmets on plurk and as soon as I saw them I started drooling. I knew that I had to get Manberry a pair. So we headed down […] Continue reading →
(this is a raw shot) (SLurl) Friday Find: The 1920s Berlin Project I’ve been meaning to head down to this sim for over a year now but the first time I went, I realized I wasn’t dressed properly so left quickly. Finally, last night I put on a flapper dress and do and went to […] Continue reading →
I wanted to wish you all a very happy 2014! I hope your holidays were fun but safe, and you were surrounded by loved ones. My Christmas was wonderful with lots of family around and then for New Years I went out of town for a couple of days. New Years Eve was especially magical […] Continue reading →