I wasn’t planning to do the Digits Challenge this year, but several people have asked me when I was going to do it again so I figured this would be a good time since this week I’ll be busy packing and preparing for my trip on Friday. Because of this, I probably won’t be able to read many of the responses to my Monday Meme this week, at least not till I get back from vacation in late June.
Meme Instructions: Share your avatar’s digits and/or answer the following questions about Fitted Mesh and what you think the future holds for our Second Life avatars. If you decide to share your digits, feel free to add your image in the Digits Flickr Group.
Share your digits: I wasn’t planning to share my digits this year, mainly because I didn’t really change my shape much since last year. However, for Manberry, I made him a bit bigger and I also made his arms longer. Since there were slight changes, I have decided to go ahead and share them. If you’d like to compare my digits from last year, click over to last year’s Digits post – The Proportions Challenge.
According to the Avatar Ruler Strawberry Singh is 6’5″ and Manberry is 7’3″
Questions about Fitted Mesh:
- What are your thoughts about Fitted mesh? – When Fitted Mesh was first announced, I blogged about my excitement and how I was looking forward to the upcoming changes. However, after trying some fitted mesh clothing, I had some doubts. Fitted mesh clothing doesn’t seem to fit as well as I would like it to.
- Have you tried any of the new fitted mesh avatars released by Linden Lab? What do you think of them? – When the avatars were first announced, I wasn’t too pleased with them. I still haven’t tried them on for myself, but I have been loving the pictures that some residents have taken with the Zombie avatars.
- Have you tried any fitted mesh avatars/bodies created by residents? – I have both the Wowmeh and the fitted mesh avatar by Chip Midnight. I have played around with both of them extensively, and I do like them, however I didn’t end up blogging them because there are too many things that I don’t like about them. So I figured I would wait and see and possibly do a comparison with future updates and such. SLink is also about to release a mesh body as well.
- Have you tried a mesh head? What are your thoughts about mesh heads? – Yes, I have tried the SLink mesh head on Berry and the Labyrinth mesh head on ManBerry. I have also tried demos of many other mesh heads available. Although I love the high quality the mesh heads bring to the grid, I am still quite attached to my avatar’s face. Until there is a way for us to be able to change all of the facial sliders on the mesh heads, I can’t see myself wearing one constantly. With all that being said, I have been trying to wear the mesh heads sometimes and try and get myself used to them.
- Do you foresee a lot of changes to our current Second Life avatars because of fitted mesh? – I think since a lot of us have adapted to the mesh feet and hands, now that fitted mesh bodies are hitting the grid, I am guessing this coming year we will see a number of us switching over to a mesh body permanently. There are a lot of advantages to having a smooth body without all of the bumps and jagged edges the current sl avatar body has. The best thing about them is we can just put them on and not have it affect our faces in any way. Since the bodies are fitted mesh, we still have the ability to change the sliders and create our curves to our liking.
I am still hoping that once Linden Lab sees all of us struggling to update our avatars in this way, they might consider changing and updating the classic SL avatar itself. Who knows what the future holds now that fitted mesh is taking over, but I am still looking forward to all the changes.
Please remember that you can participate in any of the challenges at any time. You’ll find them all under my Blog Challenges category along with other memes and challenges I’ve done over the years. All of my past Digits Challenges can be viewed in the Digits Challenges category.
This will be the last Monday Meme till July, but I will try and do a few more regular blog posts this week before I leave on Friday. If I don’t get a chance to, I hope you guys have a wonderful summer! <3
What ManBerry is wearing:
Skin: ~Tableau Vivant~ Lucis Skin – Tone 07 C by M4ri1yn Magic (blog)
Hair: ::Exile:: Sid:Marone by Kavar Cleanslate
*Shorts: FATEwear Shorts – Hector (M) by Damien Fate
*Sandals: GizzA – Flat Sandal – Men [Brown] by Giz Seorn (flickr)
Mesh Feet: Slink Male Feet (AvEnhance) M – Flat by Siddean Munro
Mesh Hands: Slink Male Hands (AvEnhance) M L – Relax by Siddean Munro
What Berry is wearing:
*Skin: -Glam Affair- Livy skin- India – 04 D by Aida Ewing (Arcade)
*Hair: Exile::London by Kavar Cleanslate (Arcade)
*Bikini: Zaara : [Mesh] Naisha Bikini S *gold* by Zaara Kohime
*Sandals: GizzA – Women Flat Sandal [Camel] by Giz Seorn
*Mesh Hands: Slink Avatar Enhancement Hands – Casual – Small by Siddean Munro
*Mesh Feet: Slink Female Feet (AvEnhance) S – Flat by Siddean Munro