(raw shot) (SLurl)
Friday Find: It all starts with a smile
This week I’m covering a sim that I have blogged before, however I wanted to highlight it again this week because there is a contest going on and you know I can never resist a good contest.
The sim is owned by Kaelyn Alecto who has done an incredible job of putting it all together. I am planning to go back and take more pictures for the contest, for today I will go with this one.
For more information about the contest, visit Kaelyn’s blog and join the contest flickr group.
- The Drax Files Radio Hour – I didn’t do weekly roundup last week so didn’t get a chance to mention last week’s episode of drax files as well. Finally listened to them both today and they are, as always, very informative. Last week they spoke about oculus rift in detail. This week Ben Lang gives insight into virtual reality and immersion. It was interesting to hear his thoughts on it and how he sees Second Life in that regard. Jo also mentioned her new flickr group, “Second Life is looking good” where she encourages people to share new and updated images of SL. Drax also has his #SLLooksGoodToday twitter hashtag going strong. I hope you guys can contribute to both of these and get some updated images of Second Life out there.
- 21 Shoe Event – Today is March 21st so that means the 21 shoe event is going on, it happens on the 21st of every month. I went and picked up some nice shoes today, thought you might like to as well. You can see all of the ones that are available this month on their blog.
- Holidays this March: Yesterday was Nowruz, Spring Equinox & International day of Happiness. Also, this week was American Chocolate week. Now next week is my spring break! :D March is just full of happy and exciting holidays. We have family friends that celebrate Nowruz so we always celebrate with them. I hope whatever you are celebrating, it brings you all joy and don’t forget to eat lots of chocolate! I might be travelling a bit next week so I’ll let you know if I won’t be around/blogging as much.
- Queen the Movie – This bollywood movie was released in theaters in India on March 7th and I have been dying to get my hands on it. Can’t wait to see it available in my area soon. It stars Kangana Ranaut whom I just adore. I first fell in love with her in the movie Fashion when she played a drug-addicted supermodel. In Queen she is left at the alter and decides to go on her honeymoon by herself. As she travels the world and meets new people, she gains new experiences and discovers her own identity. I’ve been listening to the songs of this movie for weeks now, this one is one of my favs.
- Top 10 Second Life Men’s Fashion Brands – Recently I saw this article that listed the top 10 men’s fashion brands. That got me thinking, what do you think the Top 10 Men’s Fashion Brands are in Second Life? Most of my shopping for ManBerry consists of things I find at The Mens Dept, Fatewear, DECO and a few other stores. So this is for clothing, which do you think are the top brands for men these days? I know this will depend on people’s taste as well, but it would be great to see which ones people suggest. Then perhaps poor ManBerry could add more to his wardrobe.
What ManBerry is wearing:
Skin: Clef de Peau::Samuel:T3 Bare by Marcopol Oh (flickr)
Hair: [INK] Hair___JIJI ::Brown by Nontroppo Torii (blog)
Hairbase: …:::DURA:::… Hairbase – Brown by Naotsune Enzo
*Piercings: .Pekka. Hopeless Unisex Piercing – M – Nose – SILVER by Kathya Szczepanski (@ Mens Dept March)
*Jacket & Top: FATEwear Jacket – Denny by Damien Fate (blog)
*Pants: FATEplay – Morris Pants – Dark by Damien Fate
*Shoes: FLite.-Clearports Black Viper by liamcole (@ Mens Dept March)
Bag: AITUI – Sk8 Bag by Jesseaitui Petion (flickr)
Mesh Hands: Slink Male Hands (AvEnhance) – Relax by Siddean Munro
What Berry is wearing:
*Skin: [theSkinnery] Quiana – Bare face(toffee) DB+H CL1 by Umazuma Metaluna (@ Skin Fair) (flickr)
*Hair: TRUTH HAIR Maiko [Brown 2 Fade Light] by Truth Hawks (@ Arcade March)
*Headband: Noodles – Donut Headband Blue/Purple by Natalee Oodles (flickr)
*Top: coldLogic shirt – hawke.blue (S w/ undershirt) by coldLogic (Blog)
*Pants: coldLogic pants – jay.classic (S) by coldLogic (Blog)
*Shoes: 20.FIVE Mesh: Converse Dark by beanster Potato
*Backpack: MIAMAI_TCS_Backpack_Bear Blue by Monica Outlander
*Mesh Hands: Slink Avatar Enhancement Hands – Casual – Small by Siddean Munro
*Pose in 1st pic: oOo Studio Natural by Olaenka Chesnokov (@ Mens Dept March)
Location: (It all starts with a smile)
ColdLogic is two years old and having a store-wide sale and photo contest, so of course I couldn’t resist entering. The dress I’m wearing was released this past summer and is one of my favorites from coldlogic. I love the shininess of the materials on this dress, check it out in this closeup. The dress […] Continue reading →
Well you guys knew this was coming. :P After our fake wedding post from last week, I asked Ewan if he’d like to do a honeymoon post and where he would take me, his exact words were, “on a boat ride stuck in the middle of the ocean but having all we need.” He really […] Continue reading →
Yesterday Linden Lab announced an experimental and controversial project, the Fitted Mesh Viewer. They also closed the jira for the Mesh Deformer that was started by Qarl Fizz. They are attempting to adapt the approach that requires creators to rig to the collision bones. This approach was labeled as “Liquid Mesh” by Redgrave, however I […] Continue reading →
Do you ever feel like there are certain things, people or situations in your life that prevent you from making the decisions that you really want to make or you know would be beneficial for you? Do you keep prolonging it or avoiding it because you feel like you’re stuck or can’t make up your […] Continue reading →
For my Monday meme this week, I thought it would be fun to bring back my What’s your digits? challenge from previous years, especially since I’ve made quite a lot of changes to my shape in the past 24 hours. After yesterday’s Proportions post and looking at all the comments, I decided I wanted to […] Continue reading →
Before I start talking about today’s Monday Meme I just wanted to address something. Every week I have someone messaging me saying that what I’m doing every Monday on my blog is not a meme, it’s a blog challenge. I absolutely understand that these are not “typical” internet memes, especially the ones I’ve been doing […] Continue reading →
(click here for a raw shot) Today is day 5 of Avatar Blogger Month and I haven’t missed a day yet, aren’t you proud? Today I visited the beautiful Baja Norte sim with my friend Magenta Devinna. She took the third image in this post for me. I absolutely LOVE her photography and her writing […] Continue reading →
Basilique is an adult-oriented members-only club in Second Life. But it’s more than just a club, it has a lot to offer with a lot of different activities. The setting is of an European town. I am standing in the main open area since you need to be a member to get into the bathhouse […] Continue reading →
Bilo designer, Chandra Masala, has branched out and started a new skin line under the name of Jalwa. Jalwa is a hindi word for something spectacular (as I’ve known it) or as Chandra puts it on her blog, “the manifestation of beauty and charisma.” In other words, SHAZZAM! I thought the skins looked rather cute […] Continue reading →
(click here for raw shot) Good morning everyone, it’s Meme Monday! Today’s meme is going to be a quick and short one because I totally didn’t forget today was Monday. *coughs* Meme intructions: Copy and paste the following 8 questions and answers to your blog post, delete my answers and input your own! Don’t forget […] Continue reading →
Since I am a serious social media addict, I figured the perfect meme for me to do next would be the Social Media meme! I was planning to do it last week but then of course, I procrastinated! :P I figured this would be a good meme to do so we can all stalk follow […] Continue reading →
One childhood memory that always comes back to me is the relentless rain during hurricane season. It fell incessantly. At night, the sound of the raindrops were like a lullaby, they just engulfed you. That’s how you’ll feel on the 2304 RAIN sim. The sound of the rain is almost hypnotic and it’s definitely beautiful […] Continue reading →
“Sex is like snow, you never know how many inches you’re going to get or how long it will last.” You’ll have to excuse my quote today, I just couldn’t resist. Winter is on its way out (hopefully) so I thought I would do one last snowy post. I do love to draw in the […] Continue reading →
Its that time again folks! The word from the bird this week on what to wear out there. Lets check out what these hip cats are wearing. We’re bringing you a classic look for all you young boppers out there this week, that jacket; a sure winner with the ladies guys, makes you look the […] Continue reading →
My sincerest apologies for all my blogging spam lately, I have just been feeling so inspired and wanted to get all this desire for blogging out of my system before I leave for vacation in a few days. Also, I just noticed that the pictures that I did for Linden Lab back in November finally […] Continue reading →
I dragged the boy alt over to the Mens Department yesterday to pick up some more clothing because he desperately needs them. There’s a great selection this month, lots of meshy goodness and not just all clothing! Click over to Seraphim to check out the whole selection. Once I got him all clothed, I figured […] Continue reading →
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I thought I’d share what I’m thankful for. Even though it’s been a bit of a tough year for me, I feel really blessed and lucky to have so many people in my life that support, encourage and love me. I am thankful for friendship and all the love I […] Continue reading →
It’s the first of the month and one of my favorite monthly events has started, FaMESHed. There are so many reasons why I love fameshed, but I figured those same reasons apply to the majority of other events I frequently cover on my blog. Therefore, I thought a short list of reasons of why I […] Continue reading →
One of my most favorite jewelry/accessories designers on the grid has finally joined the mesh revolution and I’m just so excited about it! Kikunosuke Eel of Mandala is incredibly talented and now with mesh, the pieces he has created are just mesmerizing. I’ll be blogging a lot of his pieces in future posts but I […] Continue reading →