I’ve been a bit preoccupied the past few days with some work so because of this, the Ebbe meme I had planned will have to wait for another week or so. Luckily, Mr. Skell Dagger sent me a few meme suggestions this morning and this one seemed as if it would be quick and easy.
Meme Instructions: List 5 pieces of advice you would give to a newcomer that has just joined Second Life. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post or advice in the comments.
- Shameless self-promotion here, but read my Second Life Newbie Resource. I wrote it in 2011 so it is a bit dated, but it still has a lot of information about starting up, picking up some freebies and customizing your avatar, that you may find informative.
- This is Second Life, be who and what you want to be (as long as it’s not illegal). If you want to be a baby dragon with fairy wings that likes to do somersaults, you do that and don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t! Also, tell me when and where you find that outfit.
- Don’t be a jerk just because you can be. A lot of people tend to treat people like complete trash and say and do the most wretched things because they are safely behind their computers and can’t be given a much deserved punch in the face. Please be a decent human being and not a total douche canoe to everyone you meet inworld.
- Doesn’t matter what you heard, not everyone is in Second Life for sex. So please, don’t start conversations with, “wanna have sex?” Would you walk into a place in the real world and ask a stranger the same question? You really won’t make any friends that way.
- Don’t feel discouraged if you don’t ‘get it’ right away. I spent months attaching boxes to my head, distorting my shape, and all kinds of other things before I got the hang of how to use and enjoy Second Life. There is a big learning curve and it does take time to get the hang of things, but once you do, you have a wonderful playground to play in and be and build whatever you want.
Please remember that you can participate in any of the memes/challenges at any time. You’ll find them all under my Blog Challenges category along with other memes and challenges I’ve done over the years.
Continue reading →
Before I start today’s post, I wanted to quickly say thank you to some people who sent me gifts using my Second Life wishlist. Almost two weeks ago I blogged: Second Life Wish Lists by E2 Designs. I had thrown a few things on my list at that time since there were not that many […] Continue reading →
Have you ever seen those lovey dovey couples that dress the same? I always kind of giggled at them until recently it happened to me and my boyfriend. It was completely accidental but we ended up wearing similar colors and were basically walking around all day like that, it was kind of hilarious. I thought […] Continue reading →
(click here for a raw shot) It’s my spring break and I’ve been trying to relax but lately my mind has been spinning and on top of that, the weather is not the warmest. Tomorrow I’m going to Disney, so hopefully that’ll distract me a bit. I should be sleeping, but again, my mind has […] Continue reading →
Press Release for The Drax Files: World Makers The Drax Files: World Makers, by Draxtor Depres, will be a monthly show on YouTube examining the creative people behind the avatars who continue to move the virtual world of Second Life forward with their passion and persistence. Mixed reality interviews form the basis of very personal […] Continue reading →
I have to admit, the picture is kind of a lie. I’m really submissive if anything (sorry, TMI? :P). Anyhow, I couldn’t resist dressing up like this when I got my hands on these new boots. The Gos Equestrian boots are mesh, they are so sexy and they will be released this weekend. My favorite […] Continue reading →
I’m definitely not a smoker in real life, but I couldn’t help but think that the cig in my hand really completed the look. I had a lot of fun putting together this outfit and also shooting the images today. It was the first time I was able to successfully play around with layering mesh […] Continue reading →
So, I was a bad girl this week and totally goofed off instead of learning something new in photoshop. Therefore I thought this time I would share a skin smoothing tutorial that helped me a lot a few years ago. This is the technique I still use to smooth skin. The tutorial is by Ryker […] Continue reading →
I know I am probably going to get yelled at by Mr. Winter Jefferson for doing this post because he knows how I am currently struggling to meet 4 deadlines by the 15th but when I received this skin earlier today I couldn’t resist doing this quick picture for it. I’m not normally a blond […] Continue reading →
Okay, so I know I said I was going to blog a neat new gadget soon but to be honest I haven’t had the chance to get to it yet so I thought I’d throw these up here for now. It’s not every day I can convince Mr. Revolution to pose with me. Normally it […] Continue reading →
“Pride is the mask of one’s own faults.” Jewish Proverb Credits: *Skin: [PXL] Dafne LT GL NudeLips MEB by Hart Larsson *Eyes: [PXL] Eyes – Glow – LightBlue – Small by Hart Larsson *Hair: [Shag] – Breathe Me – brown by Sebastien Aries (FOR HAIR FAIR) *Mask: Masquerade Parade – Tiffany Mask – Lily of […] Continue reading →
So can I pass for a cute nordic girl? The Dafne skin I am wearing was designed by Mr. Hart Larsson to carry the features of a northern European girl of nordic descent. I think the skin has quite the personality and character. It’s available instore now and he also has a special gift in […] Continue reading →
Hair Fair begins in just a few days and the excitement is overwhelming. Unfortunately RL work has been kicking my ass so I haven’t had the time to really open all the boxes or even begin to sort. However, when I tried this flapper do on by Plurabelle Laszlo of Bliensen + MaiTai Hair, I […] Continue reading →
XaYa Being away for two months made me miss a very important event, which was the release of Dutch Touch’s latest female skin, XaYa. It’s no secret that I am a long-time Dutch Touch fan girl and enjoyed every skin that Iki has made. Some of my favorites were Maan and Amber. Now XaYa is […] Continue reading →
/Geez/ is a new endeavor by our beloved photographer/blogger/fashionista Grazia Horwitz. The doors are not completely open yet but rumor has it there will be poses, shapes and maybe more, very very soon. For now you can enjoy these wonderful poses that will be available starting tomorrow at the pose fair. I really like these […] Continue reading →
Created by talented designer Shai Delacroix, this stunning dress is a part of the Avenue Models’ “Tribute to Alexander McQueen” event. All proceeds from this dress will go towards Keep a Child alive. Credits: Skin: [LeLutka]-IFElight-Haiti by Minnu Palen Hair: !lamb. Breeze – Powder by Lamb Bellic Dress: *Casa Del Shai* Pula Pod Dress by […] Continue reading →
Sigma’s newest release, the beautiful Deco necklace. The metal and crystals can be changed in this stunning Crystal set. Sigma Carnival Necklace The Sigma Malu Earrings are a LE.LOOK! exclusive. Happy Love Thursday everyone! Continue reading →