Hello everyone! Before I start with the gift guide and giveaway announcements, I wanted to take a moment to thank you guys for voting for me for the 2013 AVI Choice Awards. I won for Favorite Photographer and Favorite Model. It’s my first time winning any AVI Choice awards, I am not very familiar with them and wasn’t even aware I was nominated until someone told me I was and then the AVI people sent me a message inworld about it. I was pretty surprised when I received both of these awards because I’ve never really considered myself a model (even though a few friends insist that I am a print model) and also because the other photographers that were nominated are people that I look up to and strive to be like. It’s a wonderful feeling to get recognized and appreciated for something that you truly love to do. So thank you, for taking the time to nominate and vote for me and for putting a smile on my face. <3
Berry’s 2013 Holiday Gift Guide
This is the time of the year when everyone is always in a frenzy looking for the perfect gift for their loved ones. I thought I would go ahead and make a few suggestions on items that caught my eye. I found them to be different, interesting, fun and most importantly, transferable so easy to gift.
- Ghosty Kips’ Instagram, Sets – I thought these were a very different and unique idea. I have A Distant Manhattan hanging on the wall behind me pictured below. He also has Commute and Vivid Rose. These are RL images that Mr. Kips took himself. They are framed and if you click on the photo, it turns on “Media on a Prim” and takes you to a website with more information about the image. Clicking on the frame takes it back to the original photograph. These are transferable and also limited edition. They are only up for sale till the 26th and then will be replaced with a different set of images. You can keep an eye on his marketplace store for more sets in the future.
- Eliza Wierwight’s Elephant Topiary – I blogged about this one last week. I feel this is a wonderful gift because the money you spend on it is going towards a great cause. For full details about the elephant topiary and where you can pick it up, click over to my post about it.
- Tee*fy Food War Mania – If you’ve been to the Arcade this round, you may have already seen or purchased this one. I thought it was such a creative and fun idea. It would be great for kid avatars as well. I am wearing the french fries bow and arrow set. You just have to wear the food weapons then go into mouselook by pressing ‘m’ and then start clicking on your targets. Since it’s gacha, it’s transferable and only L$50 per play!
- Beetlebones Artic Friends (SLurl) – I thought these were so adorable, I had to add them to the list. They can be worn as full mesh avatars or attached as a pet. The pets will animate depending on whether you are running, flying, sitting or standing. The avatars each come with their own AOs. There are two kinds: Land and Sea. I have the land polar bear attached to me as a pet. He’s adorable. I love the way he hunches over and falls asleep anytime I sit on anything. They are available in a gacha, so they are transferable and only L$50.
- Gift Cards – The items I listed so far have been rather inexpensive and can be used by people of all ages and sizes. I feel that buying something like clothing and jewelry may be a bit difficult unless you know the person very well and know their taste. If not, then gift cards are something I always love to send and receive. When I was making this list of gift cards I was told that the majority of the people that use the E2V Vendor System should have gift cards since the system makes it so easy to have them available for your store. So I used the E2V Wish List HUD to teleport around to some of the stores and see if they have cards as well. I haven’t gone through the whole list of stores in the HUD yet as I ran out of time, so please feel free to add any stores and slurls to the list. Just scroll to the bottom and add the name of your store with SLurl or marketplace.
So that’s my list, I hope you guys find it useful. Don’t forget to also look to see if the person you need to buy a gift for already has a wish list. You can easily look that up on the E2V website by entering in the person’s full SL name.
Berry’s 2013 Holiday Giveaway!
It’s been such a wonderful year of blogging for me that I really wanted to give back to my readers somehow. You guys have been so good to me by not only voting for me for the AVI Choice Awards, but also participating in my Monday Memes and constanly reading, liking and sharing my posts on a daily basis. I really appreciate all the support and encouragement I receive from you guys.
So what I did was I went to 5 of my favorite stores and I purchased L$1000 gift cards from each store. I have placed them all in one folder along with one of my own Photography gift cards. Now, I am going to ask a series of questions and ask you guys to leave your answers in the comments. Everyone that leaves a comment answering all 3 questions, I will input your name into this website: http://www.random.org/lists and on Sunday, December 22nd at 7am SLT I will let the website choose the winner. I will announce the winner’s name in the comments after that time and then drop this folder on them:
The contents of the folder are as follows:
- Mutresse L$1000 gift card
- FATEdesign L$1000 gift card
- League L$1000 gift card
- What Next L$1000 gift card
- Truth L$1000 gift card
- Strawberry Singh Photography L$1500 gift card
To enter the giveaway, copy and paste the following questions and answers below into the comment box, delete my answers and enter your own:
- What is your full SL Name: Strawberry Singh
- What do you love about Second Life the most? I love how it has enriched my life in so many ways, and I will always cherish the people that I have met and the memories I have created through it.
- Which of my blog posts from 2013 were your favorite and why? I want to know this so I get an idea of what you guys liked and what I should be aiming for in 2014. My favorite post from this past year was the Flat Rodvik Linden Meme. I thought you guys would think I was completely crazy, but you guys turned out to be just as crazy as I am!
I’m so excited about this giveaway! I hope you enter because I’d love to get your input. I already got some great ideas from the poll I did last week, which I’ll keep up in the sidebar until the new year.
Thank you again for all the support in 2013. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday with your real and Second Life families! Happy Holidays! <3
*Red Couch: Trompe Loeil – Holiday Couch PG by Cory Edo (@ FaMESHed)
*Tree: Trompe Loeil – Holiday 2013 Tree Natural – Scripted Lights by Cory Edo (@ FaMESHed)
*Ornaments: Sway’s [Rocking horse] Ornament – Gacha by Sway Dench (@ The Garden)
Gift Boxes: What Next Gift Boxes by Winter Thorn
*Bar: Erratic Hot Chocolate Bar by Erratic Rain (@ Arcade)
*Frame: Ghosty Kips’ Instagram Set – A Distand Manhattan by Ghosty Kips
Elephant Topiary: Save Elephant Foundation at PATRON Holiday Topiary (Details) (SLurl)
*Pet: ::Beetlebones:: Arctic Friends Polar Bear Pal (Snow) by suetabulous Yootz
*Merry Christmas sign: Diesel Works by Rogan Diesel
What I’m wearing:
*Skin: -Glam Affair – Mokatana skin – America 06 F by Aida Ewing (@ Collabor88)
*Hair: TRUTH HAIR Althea by Truth Hawks
Outfit: e! Mrs Claus Dress (Red) S by Eclectic Wingtips (@ FaMESHed)
*Boots: BAX Regency Boots White Suede STANDARD by Bax Coen
*Earrings: Sax Shepherd Designs ~ Holiday Snow Gift Set ~ Earrings by Sax Shepherd
*Necklaces: Maxi Gossamer Shangri La Heart & Truth Owl by Maxi Gossamer
*Mesh Hands: Slink Avatar Enhancement Hands – Relaxed by Siddean Munro
*Weapon: Tee*fy Fries Bow And Arrow RARE by Azure Electricteeth (@ Arcade)
Pose: *~*HopScotch*~* Zodiac – The Huntress 1 – 3 by Chandni Khondji