I’ve been a bit preoccupied the past few days with some work so because of this, the Ebbe meme I had planned will have to wait for another week or so. Luckily, Mr. Skell Dagger sent me a few meme suggestions this morning and this one seemed as if it would be quick and easy.
Meme Instructions: List 5 pieces of advice you would give to a newcomer that has just joined Second Life. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post or advice in the comments.
- Shameless self-promotion here, but read my Second Life Newbie Resource. I wrote it in 2011 so it is a bit dated, but it still has a lot of information about starting up, picking up some freebies and customizing your avatar, that you may find informative.
- This is Second Life, be who and what you want to be (as long as it’s not illegal). If you want to be a baby dragon with fairy wings that likes to do somersaults, you do that and don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t! Also, tell me when and where you find that outfit.
- Don’t be a jerk just because you can be. A lot of people tend to treat people like complete trash and say and do the most wretched things because they are safely behind their computers and can’t be given a much deserved punch in the face. Please be a decent human being and not a total douche canoe to everyone you meet inworld.
- Doesn’t matter what you heard, not everyone is in Second Life for sex. So please, don’t start conversations with, “wanna have sex?” Would you walk into a place in the real world and ask a stranger the same question? You really won’t make any friends that way.
- Don’t feel discouraged if you don’t ‘get it’ right away. I spent months attaching boxes to my head, distorting my shape, and all kinds of other things before I got the hang of how to use and enjoy Second Life. There is a big learning curve and it does take time to get the hang of things, but once you do, you have a wonderful playground to play in and be and build whatever you want.
Please remember that you can participate in any of the memes/challenges at any time. You’ll find them all under my Blog Challenges category along with other memes and challenges I’ve done over the years.
Continue reading →
This week’s Monday Meme is going to be a photo and/or video challenge. I thought it would be fun to see what kinds of dance animations are your favorite in Second Life and where you like to buy them. Meme Instructions: Share a photo and/or video of your avatar dancing in Second Life. Also answer […] Continue reading →
(raw shot) (SLurl) Friday Find: It all starts with a smile This week I’m covering a sim that I have blogged before, however I wanted to highlight it again this week because there is a contest going on and you know I can never resist a good contest. The sim is owned by Kaelyn Alecto […] Continue reading →
(click here for raw shot) Several months ago, Trixie Bumbo contacted me with a suggestion for a meme. She said, “I was wondering if a possible challenge idea would be to get bloggers to go out and find new shops or creators? So many seem to blog the same skin, the same hair, the same […] Continue reading →
(click here for raw shot) Zaara has joined Arcade this March and is offering some of her first home decor pieces, inspired by the culture and colors of India. There are 15 pieces to collect in all, with 3 rares. The rares are definitely my favorite. I have been drooling over the cupboard ever since […] Continue reading →
Location: The Warehouse on The Grove Country Club Estates Friday Find: The Grove Country Club Estates Our beloved Mr. Jefferson recently posted images of these sparkly blazers and helmets on plurk and as soon as I saw them I started drooling. I knew that I had to get Manberry a pair. So we headed down […] Continue reading →
2013 is over and we are now almost a week into 2014. I figured it was the perfect time to start up my Monday memes again. It was nice to take a break and relax a bit in the month of December, but I did miss reading all your posts. My favorite memes are actually […] Continue reading →
I wanted to wish you all a very happy 2014! I hope your holidays were fun but safe, and you were surrounded by loved ones. My Christmas was wonderful with lots of family around and then for New Years I went out of town for a couple of days. New Years Eve was especially magical […] Continue reading →
When I asked what you guys wanted to see more of in my poll the other day, a number of you responded with Manberry and his butt. I didn’t realize that Manberry was so popular! Therefore, you will be seeing a lot more of him, possibly along with Berry in various cutesy, romantic pictures because […] Continue reading →
Dear Santa, I’ve never actually written to you before since my family has never celebrated Christmas, but now that I’m an adult, I figured I should be allowed to make my own decisions? Right? Well, I do sometimes. I understand you’re the man who knows how to get me things. But of course, like any […] Continue reading →
Please note that there is no Monday Meme today as I am currently dying of an ear infection. If I do die, just want y’all to know that it was nice knowing you. Continue reading →
“This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, […] Continue reading →
Shoetopia opened its doors November 15th and will run till the 30th. They are raising funds for Soles4Souls. With over 40 designers participating, there will be tons of amazing shoes to choose from. The all new Bordello line is available from Gos at the fair right now. For full details and all styles, check out […] Continue reading →
Zaara has released her first mesh item for men! The Zaara classic suit comes in nine different colors (coal, grey, ash, navy, espresso, sand, beige, red, ivory) and each color comes with a HUD that has many different color options for shirts and ties. This suit is a slim fit and comes in standard sizing […] Continue reading →
So guys in suits with gas masks is apparently a thing. Who knew? Happy 10th rezday Mr. Fate! BTW, yer old. :P What ManBerry is wearing: Skin: Fruk – Jeremy skin shade 6 Black by Chucky Hollak *Suit: FATEwear Suit – Norton Crater (M) by Damien Fate *Knife: FATEplay Prop – Chef Knife (HD)(clean) by […] Continue reading →
All Hallows’ Eve is this Thursday so I thought that today’s Monday meme would be the perfect time to do a HalloMEME!! I know that the concept of Halloween and trick or treating is mainly an American tradition, so I’m going to add some questions to the challenge. Please feel free to do any part […] Continue reading →
A new store just opened at the LE.LOOK! mall by the name of Prude. They only have a few dresses out right now, but they are all so adorable and well-made. You can take a look at Prude’s marketplace store to see the selection of dresses they carry so far. I especially love this Alice […] Continue reading →