Friday Find: The Pines at Jacob’s Pond
This week’s Friday Find I found in my Explore Second Life flickr group. I usually take a look in there when I’m trying to find a location to shoot at. Luckily I have a team of wonderful moderators in the group now that are doing an excellent job of making sure each image has a SLurl and/or blog post link with SLurl. That way if there is a place I want to visit, the location is easily accessible.
One of the Second Life explorers that regularly posts images in the group is the talented Loverdag. It was her pictures that tempted me to visit this Jacob’s Pond today and I surely wasn’t disappointed. I fell in love with the horses as well as their placement of them.
Take the SLurl to The Pines at Jacob’s Pond.
- New Year Resolution: Everyone keeps asking me what my new year resolution is, so here it is: Listen to my inner voice more often and indulge myself as much as I can. Now let’s see how much trouble and adventure I get myself in this year! :P
- Shopping events this week: Both FaMESHed & Uber have started their January rounds this week. The theme for Uber this month is Opulence.
- This week’s featured Photographer: Tomais Ashdene – Every week in Weekly Roundup I am going to try and mention a photographer whose work has caught my eye and/or whom I admire. I wanted to start it off with Tomais’ images. I notice his work pop up often in my favorite twitter hashtag: #SLLooksGoodToday and I am always amazed by it. I especially love his landscape shots of different Second Life locations, such as this one. Make sure to check out his stream!
- Maitreya Mesh Body Developers Flickr Group – Quite a few of you guys have been contacting me asking me where you can go to find clothing and appliers for your Maitreya Mesh Bodies that you have purchased. The Maitreya team has now created and is maintaining a flickr group which will display vendor images for all the items being made for this body.
- Camera angle tip for Firestorm users: The hilariously adorable and very sweet Ms. Zuleicca has shared an awesome little tip for Firestorm users which I was not aware of. Since I was not aware of it, I assumed others may not be as well, so I’m sharing her image:
- The Drax Files: World Makers [Episode 25: Oblee] – There was a new Drax Files video episode this week. I adore these and think they are a wonderful positive promotion for Second Life. This time Drax focused on live music artist, Oblee.
- Buzzfeed Quiz of the week: Who Were You Married To In Your Past Life? Well then, let’s see if I do this well in my current life. :P
I hope you guys all had a wonderful new years eve and that 2015 has been treating you well so far. Here’s to another year and another chance for us to get it right! Happy 2015 and have a great weekend! <3
Botgirl called me Mrs. Robinson earlier today and that sort of inspired this post, even though I am completely innocent and have even sworn off men for the rest of my life (or until I meet a really hot guy). But yeah, I did have fun dressing Manberry up like a schoolboy and photoshopping a […] Continue reading →
(click here for a raw shot) The Arcade Gacha Event starts at midnight, December 1st and has all sorts of items to keep you warm and snugly throughout the winter season. All of the items you see in this post will be available there, except the skybox. The skybox I’ve had for many years now […] Continue reading →
(click here for raw shot) TAG! Gacha is a new event that starts October 17th at 12am SLT and runs till October 31st. It’s an interesting Gacha event with a twist. I looked over the rules to learn how to play but I had a bit of a hard time understanding so I asked my plurky […] Continue reading →
Consensual is a new furniture event that starts this Friday, September 26th at 12am SLT and it will run a week, till October 5th, 12am SLT. Some of the most talented furniture designers will be under one roof with new releases, discounted 30- 50% off for that week only. The focus of this event is […] Continue reading →
(click here for raw shot) I dropped by the Genre event this month because their theme is South Asia, and of course I couldn’t resist that. Majority of the items are around L$100, I picked up a few things. This Indian themed wall unit from Mirage is texture changeable and comes with 14 animated couples […] Continue reading →
Maharani is sanskrit for a very great Princess, who ranks above the queen. So she is the queen of all queens and the wife of the Maharaja. Zaara Kohime has created a vanity set which you would find in a Maharani’s Boudoir for this September’s Arcade Gacha Events. You can see the complete set as […] Continue reading →
(click here for a raw shot) I picked up a DEMO of the SLink Visage mesh heads when they were released last week and had decided not to purchase because I didn’t feel like myself in them. I still don’t feel like myself in them, however Siddean dropped them on me so I thought I […] Continue reading →
(click here for raw shot) Zaara has joined Arcade this March and is offering some of her first home decor pieces, inspired by the culture and colors of India. There are 15 pieces to collect in all, with 3 rares. The rares are definitely my favorite. I have been drooling over the cupboard ever since […] Continue reading →
The Arcade Gacha Events open their doors this Saturday at midnight. The Arcade shopping guide for March 2014 is up as well. Each page of the shopping guide features the gacha vendor images, product information, and direct landmark to each machine. I’m wearing the Glam Affair Aria skin, which will be available at the Arcade. […] Continue reading →
(click here to see raw shot, I actually prefer it) Usually when I’m feeling down, the first thing I tend to grab is some chocolate and a favorite book that I’ll sit and read to distract myself and get my mind off things. I’ve been doing that a lot lately and figured a book meme […] Continue reading →
“This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, […] Continue reading →
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” -William Shakespeare (A Midsummer Night’s Dream, 1.1.231-2) (raw shot of similar pic) So today is day two of Avatar Blogger Month and I’m kind of patting myself on the back even though it’s only been two days but […] Continue reading →
(click here for raw shot) For the past few weeks I’ve chosen somewhat difficult memes and for next week I have something really challenging planned. Therefore, I thought that this week I would keep it short and simple. I’m going to be nosy again and ask a series of questions about how you communicate and […] Continue reading →
(click here for a raw shot) Have you checked out Global Domination yet? This gorgeous couch is one of the prizes. I’ve been really in the mood for spring lately, probably because it’s been so cold here. I just want my sun back, it’s way too cold for me! I’ve been trying to share raw […] Continue reading →
Content Creator Ewan Mureaux of Conspiracy Theory requested some of us ladies on plurk to assist him with this creative new calendar he has released for the Zodiac event this month. Zodiac Capricorn started yesterday. Capricorns are hard workers, practical, prudent, ambitious and disciplined. A calendar is a must have for each capricorn! This calendar […] Continue reading →
First, please accept my apologies for this very picture heavy post, but I couldn’t resist. A friend told me to check out this amazing new home by creator Eliza Wierwight. Now usually, I am never interested in seeing or blogging homes or furniture because that’s not really what I do in SL. I don’t feel […] Continue reading →