I’ve noticed that I get emails and IMs with a lot of the same questions so I thought a FAQ page would be informative and an easy place for you guys to look up questions I get asked a lot. This page will be frequently updated.
- I found you/your blog through Empire Avenue (or another social network) and I’m interested in trying Second Life. Can you tell me what exactly is Second life, how I play it and is it free?
Second Life (SL) is a virtual world developed by Linden Lab. You can read my Second Life Newbie Resource thoroughly to find out how to sign up and pick up a few things for free. If you need more information, feel free to email me or message me inworld once you’re in.
- I saw you wearing something on SecondLife.com and I’d like to purchase it for my own avatar, can you tell me where I can get it?
Anything I’ve ever worn for SecondLife.com or blog posts I’ve done for Linden Lab can be found in my Linden Lab category.
- I saw your picture on SecondLife.com how did you get it there? Is there a contest or application process to get your picture on the home page or the marketplace?
As far as I know, there is no application process. Linden Lab emailed me and just asked me to submit a photo. I am not sure how they found out about me. One thing you can do to get their attention is, join the Second Life Official Flickr Group and submit your pictures there. But make sure to read the rules in the description before you do. They choose “the Second Life Photo of the Day” pics from that group.
- Can you take a picture of me?
Yes, I most certainly can. All of my photography rates and policies can be found on my Photography page:
- What kind of computer do you have?
All of my computer specifications can be found at the following link, which I keep updating whenever I replace or purchase something new:
- Can you blog my designs?
I blog items that inspire me and suit my style/taste. If you feel like you have an item that may catch my interest, feel free to drop it on me inworld and if I do like it, I will try my best to make time to blog it. Here’s a link to my review policy that has more details on it:
- What do you do in Second Life besides blogging and shopping?
I do personal and commercial photography. I also manage and do PR work for a few designers. You can see all of my affiliations on my about page:
- Do you make or design anything yourself to sell inworld? Do you have a store? Do you have an ALT that has a store?
Everything I make or sell can be found in my marketplace store. I do not have a store or sell anything on any other ALT avatar.
- I want to hire you to do PR work for my brand or work for my magazine or help me with this event I’m planning.
Due to my real life work schedule, I do not have a lot of time for SL much anymore, therefore I cannot add more to my work load. So no, I can’t do any of those things. I apologize about that and I hope you understand.
- Are you single/available?
I am unavailable and not interested in dating in SL.
- Where are you from? Are you from India?
No, I’m not from India, never been there, but would like to go someday! I was born in Pakistan and grew up in the United States.
- How old are you?
In my early thirties.
- Do you have a job in real life or is Second Life your job?
Yes, I have a job in real life. No, Second Life is not my job, it is my hobby.
- Can you come to my party or dance club or just come socialize with me?
In all honesty, I probably can’t. I’m kind of over the social aspect of SL and only use it as a creative outlet for my photography and blog. I really only login for business purposes and don’t like to socialize or chat too much inworld because I’m usually in a photoshoot and trying to focus.
- How many different social networks are you on?
A lot! I am a social media enthusiast. This is where I like to get social, so if you’d like to socialize with me, you can check out my social media page to see all the networks I’m on and how I use them:
- Where did you buy your shape? Do you sell your shape? Can I get the numbers to your shape?
My shape was custom made for me and is not available for sale. I do not share the numbers of my face but if you would like to get a few numbers of my shape’s body, I shared a few of them in the following post: What’s your Digits? – Take 3.
- I heard you have tutorials on shadows and photoshop, where can I find them?
All of my tutorials can be found on my tutorials page at this link:
- Where can I download your WindLight Settings?
My WindLight Settings are available for download at this link:
- How can I advertise on your blog?
You just need to email me your ad/logo, slurl/url to your store/blog and the funds inworld. My Advertising Page has all the pricing and details:
- What resolution do you shoot your images at?
A friend told me it’s best to shoot exact multiples of your resolution. My computer’s screen resolution is 1920×1080 so I take all my pictures at a resolution of 5760×3084. I rarely get lines and glitches in my images since I have started doing this.
- You never responded to my IM/notecard inworld!
To be honest, I only login to SL when I have a photoshoot or other work to do. Sometimes I forget to check my notecards and then they get lost in the sea of notecards and updates I get on a daily basis. I also lose IMs often, even when I am online because I will be in a photoshoot and then all of a sudden I will crash and lose everything. The best way to contact me is via email, I will usually respond within 24 hours.
- Can you help me style my avatar or give me your opinion on my avatar’s style and/or look?
I’m just a girl that likes to ramble in her blog and take pictures. I’m not a stylist or fashionista so I don’t feel comfortable helping people with their style and avatars. Sorry about that.
- Which viewer are you currently using?
This changes from time to time. I have switched between Kirstens Viewer, Exodus Viewer and the official SL viewer quite often. However now, my current viewer of choice is the Firestorm Viewer. I feel it is best for photography, especially with all of the settings in the Phototools Menu.
If you have any questions that you don’t see answered here, feel free to leave them in the comments below or email me and I’ll answer it as soon as I can. Thank you.