Posted on September 20, 2013
SLink Avatar Enhancement for Men and Women
Before I begin this post, I just want to say that all of the images in this post are raw shots, not processed at all, just cropped and resized.
Yesterday Siddean Munro released the SLink Avatar Enhancement mesh hands for men. Along with that release there was an update to the male flat barefeet as well as the female mesh hands and the female flat and mid barefeet. I am going to try and cover all of the changes in this post as well as some more information that you guys might find informative.
Some changes and points about the SLink Avatar Enhancement system:
- The SLink OmniHUD v5 has changed and is very different from previous versions – The HUD has changed and tinting has become much easier. Siddean has put a detailed guide with full pictures and instructions to the HUD on the SLink blog. I absolutely encourage everyone to read this page thoroughly because it’s extremely helpful. She also has a very helpful step-by-step youtube video which I will embed at the bottom of this post.
- Update your previously bought SLink hands and feet – If you have purchased SLink mesh feet and hands before, head down to slink and hit the redelivery terminal for the update. All of the mesh feet and hands for women as well as the mesh feet for men have been updated. There are instructions on the redelivery terminal in case you don’t find the purchases in there.
- Two different hand gestures can be worn at the same time – I’ve seen this question come up often so I wanted to add it here. The hands are independent and interchangeable so you are able to wear two different gestures at the same time as my male alt is doing in the first picture.
- Updated hands now work with both appliers & tinting – Before this update, we had two separate hands in the folder. One was if your skin designer had created appliers so you can use them and the other was if you did not have appliers and needed to tint them yourself. Now it is all in one. You just put on the hands and use your appliers or use the OmniHUD to tint.
- Tattoo layer option is now available – Just as there was a stocking option in the previous version for the feet, now Siddean has added a tattoo option for both feet and hands. You can turn that on and off by using the Utilities HUD for the feet and hands (here is a picture of both HUDs side by side). I am really excited about this and looking forward to all of the fun hand and feet tattoos people will create. (We need more henna designs please!)
- Nails for the male mesh hands work the same as the female – The nail system is the same for the men as they are for the women so all of the nail polishes that have been created by different designers so far for the women, will all work on the male hands as well. I tried this with ManBerry yesterday. I went to A:S:S: because they have a HUGE selection in SLink nails and I got ManBerry their black drama set, it looks amazing on him! The men can also shorten and lengthen their nails using the utilities HUD. So now all the men can have beautifully polished nails like us.
- Slink Avatar Enhancement Creations Flickr Group – This is an amazing flickr group that Siddean has created. It’s just for vendors of items creators have made for the SLink hands and feet. It is NOT for blog pictures, just vendors. So if you join this group, make sure to not spam it with your blog pictures. You can add your blog pictures to the regular SLink products flickr group.
- Developer Information – If you are interested in creating appliers, tattoos or nailpolishes and other addons for the SLink avatar enhancement system, check out the Developers page on the SLink blog for all the details. (Plea to FRUK: please make appliers to match my male skin..pretty please, with a strawberry on top!)
- Available appliers and tinting system: – For a list of designers that have already created appliers for SLink or a list of codes you can use to make tinting your hands easier, you can click over to the Available Appliers or OmniHUD V5 commands page on the SLink blog.
- The female hands have changed – I am not sure if it’s just me, but I think the womens hands have changed quite a bit. I noticed the hands look bigger than the previous version. As you can see in the second image, my hands look bigger than my face. I think I might have to go and reduce my hand size a bit to see if that makes it more proportionate. I also noticed that some of the hand gestures are slightly different than the previous hands. But, it could just be me, not sure. So I’ve gone ahead and taken a picture and labeled each gesture for both the male and female hands. Right now there are 15 gestures for both men and women, but I have heard that Siddean has plans to release more in the future.
Here is the excellent video tutorial created by Siddean Munro that will help you with any questions you may have about this system:
I think those are all the things that I wanted to mention. I didn’t notice any other changes. Did I miss anything? What changes have you guys noticed with this new system?
UPDATE: Siddean Munro has just done a blog post detailing all of the changes and updates. It’s very thorough and I think you guys should definitely give it a read: Slink Avatar Enhancement Hands and Feet – Update – September 2013
What ManBerry is wearing:
Skin: Fruk – Jeremy skin shade 6 Black by Chucky Hollak
Hair: *Dura-Boy*33(Dark Brown) by chiaki Xue
*Shirt: FATEwear Shirt – Vinnie – Tundra (M) by Damien Fate
Mesh Hands: Slink Male Hands (AvEnhance) M L – Splayed and Relaxed by Siddean Munro
What Strawberry Singh is wearing:
*Skin: -Glam Affair – Angelica – America 02 D by Aida Ewing
Tattoo Lipstick: [Pink Fuel] Glossy Pout Lipstick – Red by Mochi Milena
Mesh Eyelids: Slink Mesh eyelids by Siddean Munro
Hair: booN SCO052 hair chocolate by boo Nakamura
*Mesh Hands: Slink Avatar Enhancement Hands – Casual by Siddean Munro
*Nail Polish: A:S:S – SLINK avatar enhancement system nails – Matte by Photos Nikolaidis
Ring: Paper Couture – Diamonds and Pearl Ring by Cora Lu
WindLight Used: StrawberrySinghHeadshots