Strangelings is a real world game of a genetics based pet design where players have 3D pets which breed and produce offspring with unique traits based on genetics. Sounds familiar, doesn’t it? The brilliant team behind Ozimals has teamed up with two former Lindens and a financial expert to form Flying Monkey Interactive, Inc. The team at FMI have been developing the product platform called Toto for several months now and Strangelings is their first game. Strangelings will be playable on iPad and the web initially, with a rollout to iPhone and Facebook in Q1 of next year and other devices later in the year. If you’re interested in playing Strangelings and would like more information about them, feel free to sign up at this link.
For fun, the Ozimals team has totally revamped the sim Magic of Oz to serve as the in-world location for information on Strangelings, and have also developed an advanced rigged mesh avatar that is an exact replica of a Strangeling from the game. You can customize it to look like your favorite animal from your collection with an extensive customization HUD. I am wearing my Strangelings Mesh avatar in the first image. I hope you like the color combinations and patterns I chose. I love all of the options for customization, there seems to be a million different looks you can do with the hud! But the best thing about it are the animations. I had to make a video because I was just blown away!
I’m embedding the video below but you can also watch it on my youtube at this link: http://youtu.be/2mEKUoiMR24
If you are interested in purchasing this avatar for yourself it will go on sale on Tuesday the 27th at 2 pm SLT. However, you have a chance to win the complete avatar for FREE by following these steps:
- Sign up for Strangelings using my code: http://signup.strangelings.com/?lrRef=0LFTg (I think my blog post is taking their site down lol, sorry about that. Please keep trying if the link doesn’t work. I’ve also been given this backup url that should work with no problems: backup link.)
- Once you have signed up, leave a comment in this post below using your full SL name and then inputting the email address you used to sign up for Strangelings into the “Mail” box when leaving the comment. Your email will not be published for everyone to see but I will have it to verify with FMI that you have signed up using my code. If you had already signed up using my code yesterday, just go ahead and leave a comment below with your full SL name and email in the mail section so I can enter you in the drawing as well.
- I will input all of the names of the commenters into this website: http://www.random.org/lists which will assist me to choose a name randomly.
- The first name in the list will be given the avatar by a FMI team member once their email is confirmed that it was registered using my code.
- This contest ends on Tuesday at 2pm SLT (when the avatars go on sale). I will input all the names into the website at that time and pick a winner and once the winner has received the avatar I will say who the winner is in the comments at the end.
- Also, my beloved friend Mr. Winter Jefferson is also doing the same giveaway and his runs till Wednesday at 7am SLT so if you happen to miss mine, you still have a chance to enter his! Also, he created some very unique and creative Strangelings, so make sure to click over and check out his pictures!
The Magic of Oz sim is now open, so please take the slurl and have fun exploring the gorgeous mesh build that was created by the talented Tya Fallingbridge.
If you would like more information about Strangelings, there will be a Q&A about them at 12pm SLT and 6pm SLT today. You can check out the Strangelings blog for more information.
Best of luck to all those that sign up and participate and have fun exploring the all new mesh Magic of Oz, here are some pictures I took while exploring. <3